Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    Well, well, well... Looks like I called that one, eh?

Don't be suprised to see some of these individuals showing up at ALMS races, doing some intelligence gathering on just how to run a successful road racing series that keeps a diverse number of manufacturers happy and supportive.
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    good news. i think that the new promoters should heald over to the uk straight away and benchmark the bsb to see how to successfully please sponsors, manufacturers and riders while maintaining a close, competitive national championship.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    "However, the independent interests of the manufacturers call for a racing series that helps promote specific motorcycle brands."
    Not so sure this is a good thing. Manufacturers will set up their own series and run it how they want so they can sell bikes. sort of like the AMA is right now.

The sort of "dictatorship" the Flaminis have in SBK is a good solution. Manufacturers can say their opinions but they don't take decisions. This is also how DMG wanted to run AMA. Their management approach seams right. unfortunately their rules arent

So the possibility is to have 2 American series. One irrelevant but well managed and one relevant but mismanaged
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...