Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dataman1
    Most recent standings. Ed is 10th with Power in 9th and Servia in 11th.

http://www.indycar.com/stats/points.php?year=2008
    Still ahead of 90% of them even considering he had a parts failure this last race & Marco took him out the one before. : )

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowndeco
    Still ahead of 90% of them even considering he had a parts failure this last race & Marco took him out the one before. : )
    He for sure has the better prepared car then 100% of them, at least on ovals...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Vision Racing

If Vision Racing has any vision, they will realize their drivers will need to be road course savy. Ed Carpenter and AJ Foyt aren't cuttin' it. I like both drivers but both they need a road course development program. Maybe Tony George will be forced to reconsider his driver lineup (yeah right).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ed and AJ's first experience with road courses was last season. So big surprise they suck there. Agreed they need a full road course program in the off-season, including karting.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was reading Robin Miller's column and he reiterated the Paul Tracy rumor for a couple races, he also says that "Tony George is hiring Bryan Herta as a driver coach to try and improve the road racing skills of Ed Carpenter and A.J. Foyt IV." Good move.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ed has slipped a little since this thread started but is holding steady in 12th with just a couple races to go. Not bad for someone a lot of people like to bag on.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cartpix
    I wouldn't have brought it up if you hadn't bagged on the Champ Car drivers. Excuse me for jumping into your resentment. It won't happen again. Maybe I should find a friendlier place.

Jeff
    So you attack someone and then complain about this place not being friendly enough?

If anyone is "prolonging the split", it's you for making such a big deal out of a guy defending his favorite driver.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tony does have a bit of a conundrum on his hands with Vision racing....

if he and his drivers win, or god forbid made a championship run wouldn't it spurn some questioning of favortism on some if not real at the very least percieved level?

Vision was clearly formed in response to low car count..... if the league can sustain 26-28 car field for another year or two I wonder if he will he close up shop?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "Ed has slipped a little since this thread started"

7th to 12th

I'd say he's slipped alot since this thread started.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "Still ahead of 90% of them even considering he had a parts failure this last race & Marco took him out the one before. : )"

OK, so does every driver get to eliminate their two worst finishes or just Ed??