Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't know of anyone calling Carpenter a hack this season. At least on the ovals he's a legitimate contender every time out. It's Foyt IV that I can't understand.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    You guys praise too quickly. Six of the first seven races were on ovals. Of the remaining races, half (5) are on street / road courses, where Ed is lost. Expect him to drop like a stone in the standings. I mean, like, to almost 20th. I looked at the drivers between him and Justin (the driver currently 20th), and there's only about 35 points separating them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowndeco
    The only reason this even came up was because a couple of CC fans were bagging on Ed, saying how much more talented even the CC back markers would be in comparison. I replied that I thought he would end up beating 90% of the transition drivers this year & a bet was made. So far he's ahead of 100% of them so apprently he's not the hack he was made out to be.
    So since you made a bet with someone, that a veteran driver, with a veteran team would do better than rookies in rookie teams, it's ok to bash & alienate the new members of this forum? I hope you make a *****load of money off that one. especially since at least one member hasn't seen the Carpenter bashing. But I guess if someone bashes your guys, it's ok to bash theirs. Two wrongs seem to make a right here. Once again, thanks for prolonging the split.

Jeff
    I got a Nikon camera
    I love to take a photograph -Paul Simon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cartpix
    So since you made a bet with someone, that a veteran driver, with a veteran team would do better than rookies in rookie teams, it's ok to bash & alienate the new members of this forum? I hope you make a *****load of money off that one. especially since at least one member hasn't seen the Carpenter bashing. But I guess if someone bashes your guys, it's ok to bash theirs. Two wrongs seem to make a right here. Once again, thanks for prolonging the split.

Jeff
    Again, I wouldn't have even brought it up if someone hadn't been ragging on Ed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Again, I wouldn't have even brought it up if someone hadn't been ragging on Ed.
    I wouldn't have brought it up if you hadn't bagged on the Champ Car drivers. Excuse me for jumping into your resentment. It won't happen again. Maybe I should find a friendlier place.

Jeff
    I got a Nikon camera
    I love to take a photograph -Paul Simon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wonder if Townsend Bell could do better if he was a fulltime Vision driver (IIRC George sought him out for a 3rd Vision car for a previous Indy 500).
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cartpix
    Thanks for the warm welcome, to us "transition fans". It's nice to have our noses rubbed in it. What's next, neernern neener poo poo? And here I thought the split was over. Apparently not.

Jeff
    the war is over. the wall has been torn down and most fans have moved on.

however, downtowndeco and a few of others are still standing either side of where the wall used to be throwing **** at each other.

his constant digs at champ car are rather pathetic and its best just to ignore him

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    By the way, after Texas he is now 9th with Servia in 10th.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGarage
    the war is over. the wall has been torn down and most fans have moved on.

however, downtowndeco and a few of others are still standing either side of where the wall used to be throwing **** at each other.

his constant digs at champ car are rather pathetic and its best just to ignore him
    Again, the only reason it even came up was a CC fan felt that it was important to talk smack about Ed in the first place. I simply stated that IMO he would end up in front of 90% of the CC transition drivers.

Yeah. I should have turned to the other cheek. But quite frankly after the **** IRL fans have had to endure for the last ten years I wasn't in the mood for it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But quite frankly after the **** IRL fans have had to endure for the last ten years I wasn't in the mood for it.
    it was the same for both sets of fans. The champ car forum used to full of IRL fans bashing CC, the same way the CC fans used to bash the IRL.

The war ended in February, its time to move on....