Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was rather stupid to start such a topic at the first place, right from the start of the season the Vision racing has been rock solid on ovals and it's no wonder 2 vision racing drivers were up there, and when the driver input becames slightly more important which is when they run on roadies, the truth immediately emerages. I mean, it's not even a debate of CC and IRL, Ed Capenter is even worse than most of the past IRL drivers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speeddurango
    It was rather stupid to start such a topic at the first place, right from the start of the season the Vision racing has been rock solid on ovals and it's no wonder 2 vision racing drivers were up there, and when the driver input becames slightly more important which is when they run on roadies, the truth immediately emerages. I mean, it's not even a debate of CC and IRL, Ed Capenter is even worse than most of the past IRL drivers.
    First off there are only 2 races left in the season and he is in twelveth. That means he has 14 or 15 other drivers behind him in the points. He's hardly one of the worst ever. I surprised you'd even say that considering he's in front of almost all the supossed more talented xCC drivers.

Secondly, this stupid thread only started because a guy bagged on Ed & I posted that I thought he wasn't that bad & he'd probably finish in front of 90% of the CC transition drivers. A very small, friendly wager was made. So far he has been holding his own.

You can be sure if he was 20th+ in the points that they would remind me. ; )

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Racer had a nice spot on Ed Carpernter a month or two ago...

FWIW - Ed has done ok for himself as a driver. He is not the best and not the worst. He has improved each year and that is morethan can be said for some.

I think where Ed is going to end up being a bit like Chip Ganassi - a great ex-driver who will run Vision racing and will have the knowledge and insider respect to do a decent job of it.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BobGarage
    it was the same for both sets of fans. The champ car forum used to full of IRL fans bashing CC, the same way the CC fans used to bash the IRL.

The war ended in February, its time to move on....
    BobGarage has spoken and he is right. Old3Fan agrees.
    :dork: 1 of Original 100 Members