Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Racer
    It would be cool to see, just because I think of all the open wheelers, JPM has the most potential simply because he's not afraid to stick his nose in there. Will he have as much success as Tony did int he 20? Hell no. Will he win races? Probably.

You have to consider this: Montoya has his Juantourage. His fans are loyal. If The Home Depot leaves with Stewart, which I seriously believe is a legitimate possibility, JGR will look for someone who is marketable, not just talented. The thing is, there's just some guys that can't attract a sponsor. I think that Montoya can.

However, one thing against JPM: he's used to a pretty high salary, and a team with their priorities straight won't be overpaying for an unproven talent.
    If JPM was in it for the money id be very suprised, if he was in it for the money he would have just found a cushy and very well paid seat with a second tier F1 team.

I think it would be great to see what Monty could do in some equipment that matched his talent.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
    If JPM was in it for the money id be very suprised, if he was in it for the money he would have just found a cushy and very well paid seat with a second tier F1 team.

I think it would be great to see what Monty could do in some equipment that matched his talent.
    I don't think he went to NASCAR to make more money, but I also don't think he'd go to NASCAR for that significant of a pay cut.

On a different note, I think that Wrigley's is going to be the deciding factor in this. Mars is taking over Wrigley's, meaning that they probably won't want M&M's to advertise with Joe Gibbs and Toyota and Juicy Fruit/Big Red to advertise with Ganassi and Dodge. If Stewart takes The Home Depot with him, the 20 needs a sponsor, and Mars may be willing to step up with one of the Wrigley's brands (recall they sponsored both Yates cars in 2007). If Juicy Fruit/Big Red want to continue their existing association with JPM, he might just land a JGR seat.
    Support your local short track! If you don't have one, build one!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRoethig
    Not unless a bow tie gets affixed to the front of those cars again. Tony isn't all that happy about driving a Toyota.
    Really? I haven't read anything about that although you may be right. He's affiliated with GM everywhere else but I haven't actually heard him say anything negative about Toyota.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
    Except he made more enemies in the F1 paddock than friends. He was offered the Red Bull seat but DC vetoed it.

Chip Ganassi is probably the only person who could handle JPM's huge ego (Ron Dennis compared his personality to Senna and said it was an 'emotional' journey).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think JPM has been a spoiled brat in NASCAR. From most of what I've read, has gotten along quite well with the other drivers & his crew. The only real mark against him as been over-aggressive driving.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus