Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What's your record for tire distance

My car has just ticked over 107000 kms and I am still on the original rubber. The tires are commercial grade though for my commercial vehicle. I have my inspection in August and I am pretty sure they will be fine for it. Anyone have tires that last longer?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Asphalt temperature has negative correlation with tires life, higher temperature shorten its life. You might use the car more in the night than in the day, what is the car commercially used for?.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My cars never get the chance to wear out their tyres - always picking up punctures in our village. I think someone throws nails and screws into the roads on purpose

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    The front tyres on my car got replaced a couple of months ago at its 25000 mile service. I thought they'd lasted quite well. Still have the original rears at 30,000 but I wouldm't expect them to need replace for a good couple of years.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Depends on how many burnouts you perform
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rah
    My car has just ticked over 107000 kms and I am still on the original rubber. The tires are commercial grade though for my commercial vehicle. I have my inspection in August and I am pretty sure they will be fine for it. Anyone have tires that last longer?
    Do the tyres still look good, as in are the sidewalls weathered and cracking at all?
    I'm doing my college Thesis on Tyre safty at the moment (Nearly finished) and a big problem is people who are leaving tyres on for years, and even though they aren't wearing, they are becoming dangerous due to the structure weakening

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    My fronts were done after 25k. My rears will not last much beyond 30k miles.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    3 days and about 150kms on a set of RE55s.
    wrc.smugmug.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ITC55
    Do the tyres still look good, as in are the sidewalls weathered and cracking at all?
    I'm doing my college Thesis on Tyre safty at the moment (Nearly finished) and a big problem is people who are leaving tyres on for years, and even though they aren't wearing, they are becoming dangerous due to the structure weakening
    Still look good. One thing I take care of is tyre pressures. I tend to range between 32 and 52 psi depending on what I have on the back.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The tyres usually bear unique code of production and expire year, I haven't examined this but it is the procedure, the manufacturers recommend not to use tyres aged 3-4 years from date of production, depend on quality of rubber material used for the tyres. Rubber will suffer from having elasticity and give the proper grip.