Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Acropolis debut for new Impreza

Subaru have announced that the new Impreza WRC2008 will make it's debut at the Acropolis Rally.
    It certainly looks the goods!

Here's the story.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The car looks fab...

All committed WRC manufacturers converting to that rear hatch dual element wing-there really must be something to it.

Hope this car gives Solberg/Atkinson what they need to be a front runner again.
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe too early??? this could either be a brilliant debut or a mess for the rest of the season....

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    The car looks alright, but the important thing is that it goes fast!

Although I always liked the blue and yellow livery, they should bring that back.

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Interesting to see if it is competitive in Greece. I expect Markko has done some serious work when testing
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Anyone that can read what dampers they are using?

Let hope that the car is quick and reliable.

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    They are still using BOS dampers, which seems to be irritating a certain man in the team. Don't think there is any chance that they will be able to recieve Rieger dampers as Ford owns 51% of the company. Maybe there will be more success with BOS on this car?
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ahh, so that explains all the secrect regarding the launch of the new car of last - it was just around the corner.
    In regard to the comment of the colour sceme, I dont mind the new one.
    In one way it represents a change of fortune for SWRT. I know that the rally blue and fluro yellow with light blue highlights is a worldwide icon for Subaru, but maybe the colour change can be seen way of putting the loved sedan Imprezas behind us and moving on with the hatch version. Thats the way I see it.

It could also be just a launch paint sceme like Suzuki had (white car with blue/black rear end).

Now, I think I be reading some driver/team quotes before I select my pick-em's to guage its possible performace.

PS. God damn it looks like a Focus from the rear if you ignore the tail lights.

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    I love this people writing press releases

“The WRC2008 will also sport a dramatic new livery created around the Subaru corporate identity but at the same time preserving the iconic blue identity familiar to rally fans worldwide.”

I guess it was more like this: Let’s put a big Subaru sticker on the side of it, and maybe change from yellow to….silver…hmm...maybe a splash more silver in the back.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    There are two ways to look at the ‘New’ livery;
    One – it’s iconic, the Blue and yellow of Subaru – however it was their old main sponsor’s colour (555 State Express), from when they were successful.
    Two – A fresh start, new beginnings – leave the past behind. Maybe they should have gone the whole hog – got a new sponsor, and a whole new colour scheme.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???