Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eurovision 2008

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts

Eurovision 2008

Ok guys, it's time again for the uncrowned kings/queens of kitch.
    Tonight it's the first semifinal and 10 countries will be chosen for the Saturday final.

Have already seen a few videos of the songs and I think it's a very poor edition. Can't wait for the usual complaints about voting system and for the usual last clasification of GB ( coudn't you find something decent? ) , France ( really weird ), Spain ( this year with a sort of Cheeky Boy ) and Germany ( heavy artilery: No angels ).

Despite the great voices of the singers our own song is a boring lamentation that was rejected even in the national competition of song creation which is the top of boredom. Don't think it has any chance except for the regular 12 points from Spain.
    Ironically, the song that lost the preselection was a sure winner and was voted less because it was a swede song performed by a swede act.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The UK's song is our best for a while, although that's not exactly difficult after Scooch embarrassing us last year. That's not to say it's a particularly great song (it isn't) or that we'd have half a chance in the voting even if it was the best song in the world. Or even a tribute.

I've got the album of all the songs (and you can watch them here), but I'm deliberately not listening to them yet to preserve the surprise for when they're performed "for real".

Anyway, for us UK viewer the songs are a just a distraction. The real reason we watch is to drink-Baileys-along-a-Wogan and enjoy his increasingly sarcastic comments as he works his way down the bottle
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Give the password
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I see Ireland arent taking any chances this year, with their totally fitting piss-take Dustin the Turkey ( would that neck remind you of Cliffs?) and Nulle Points. I cant wait!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Give the password
    SAGAPO!
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    I see Ireland arent taking any chances this year, with their totally fitting piss-take Dustin the Turkey ( would that neck remind you of Cliffs?) and Nulle Points. I cant wait!
    My lovely turkey. Running through the field...
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    What was the point of those tribal dances around the turkey and what got they to do with european music?

Now we have the first 10 finalists:

1. Greece - the role model of this girl is definitely Britney Spears
    2. Romania - can't believe this, The voters are silly even abroad.
    3. Bosnia / Herzegovina - no comment. too silly
    4. Finlanda - interesting but the jug can't go too often to the water. We've already had a Lordi experience
    5. Russia - Blasphemy!!! To play a Stradivarius violin on the stage of Eurovision....It made me pray that Evgeny Plushenko would slip . Anyway it's one of the favourits
    6. Israel - too...arabic
    7. Azerbaijan - the sensation of the semifinal. Although I have doubts that one of the singers is " man enough ".
    8. Armenia - nothing special
    9. Polonia - sensational voice but the singer spent too much time to get the faked tan
    10. Norway - too boring to remember something

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Ah the great Cheese - fest!! So bad- it's good!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo

Have already seen a few videos of the songs and I think it's a very poor edition.

So whats new :
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Estonia's song and performance tried to make fun of Eurovision, but this didn't help us far.

I was surprised that Belgium's and Ireland's unconventional 'songs' didn't make it into Top10, but I guess this once again proves, how important it is to have a lot of neighbours for succeeding in Eurovision. :