Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Croft BTCC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Croft BTCC

Right folks, went to Donington few weeks back for my first foray into 21st Century Tin Tops, really enjoyed it so decided to go to Croft and may later do Snetterton too.
    Regualer visitor to Croft for rallycross meetings but never been there for roundy roundy so looking for a clue as to best viewing spots. First corner banking must be one but whats viewing like out the back on the quicker bits?
    Martin C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone know where the "quicker bits" are and if Croft even have any?

I have been going since 2001 for the BTCC and I must say you cannot beat the two embankments at Clervaux and Hawthorn. On a clear day the one that looks out to parc ferme and the one by Hawthorn and Chicane is best on clear days to Sunny In and Sunny Out and the one by Clervaux is nearest to the exit and the toilets and has surely the most track coverage. Right from the exit of Hairpin to the entrance of Tower. That is a massive area.

You could try that area at the top of the grassy area in the middle of the start/finish straight and the straight leading from Chicane to Tower.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    The best suggestion at Croft is to view from different places. One race from the banking at the first corner, another from the banking overlooking Sunny and the complex, then take your fancy for the final race.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll be going to Croft, but doing so by train - does anyone know how close the station at Darlington is and if its walking distance?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    I'll be going to Croft, but doing so by train - does anyone know how close the station at Darlington is and if its walking distance?
    I utilised Yahoo! Maps and did a directional search with North Road being point A and Croft being point B. This is what it told me:

1. Start at North Road, Darlington going toward High Northgate
    2. Continue on High Northgate (A167) - go 0.3 mi
    3. Continue to follow A167 - go 0.2 mi
    4. At traffic circle, take first exit onto St Cuthberts Way (A167) - go 0.5 mi
    5. At traffic circle, take second exit onto Victoria Road (A167) - go 0.3 mi
    6. At traffic circle, take first exit onto Grange Road(A167) - go 1.1 mi
    7. At traffic circle, take third exit onto CROFT ROAD(A167) - go 1.9 mi
    8. Continue to follow A167 - go 0.3 mi
    9. Arrive at the center of CROFT ON TEES, ENGLAND

I hope the link works to help you
    http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py#mvt...ft%20on%20tees

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It looks like it would be quite a walk as there isn't a direct road from the station to the circuit. The railway line actually goes very close to the circuit but sadly doesn't stop! Go to this link and do a search for croft-on-tees and you can see for yourself!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps

EDIT: Beaten to it by Seatfreak! Although his route only takes you as far as the village rather than the circuit itself which is a bit further down the road!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Marc W
    EDIT: Beaten to it by Seatfreak! Although his route only takes you as far as the village rather than the circuit itself which is a bit further down the road!

Once your there though (at the village) you know where it is so you can relax. Depending on where you walk all the way through the village along Northallerton Road to Dalton-on-Tees and down West Lane to the circuit.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had a look and that's almost certainly going to be a taxi-able distance! I'd drive if I had my car, I used that to get to Rockingham but sadly this time I'm in one place and my car is on the other side of the country! Thus it will be the first time I use the train to go to the BTCC...

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    The village into the circuit is 2 miles, the track is actually closer to Dalton than to Croft.

You can get a taxi into the circuit but you will hit traffic about a mile out, best bet is to get the taxi driver to go as far as he can up to the queue of traffic then get out and walk from there, it's the cheapest way, and no doubt fastest too!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    The village into the circuit is 2 miles, the track is actually closer to Dalton than to Croft.
    Right outside of the access road (West Lane). Very picturesque village. Pricey but picturesque. There is only 3 residential streets there. Orchard Close, Byron Court and Ruskin Close. There is a nice pub tho.