Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: S2000+ (r5)

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    thanks daniel
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    Also.. can anyone tell me why hydraulic operated gearboxes are considered to be more reliable then manual? I cant get my head round why that would be true.
    Do Ecu controlled upshift throttle cuts only really work at their optimum with consistant speed/torque gear selection?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    I'm begining a to be a bit dissapointed with the way S2000+ rules are being developed...

Base the new WRC category in the existing S2000 or N4 it's a wise decision, but the Kit issue puts many douts.

Is it reasonable S2000+ to have a Kit that can be removed (8 hours by 2 mechanics )??? Why on earth a factory team needs to tuned and detuned the cars they'll use in WRC ??? At the end this only will make S2000 base cars a lot more expensive...

Instead why not bring back the scheme of "evolution units", used at the old days of Gr. B. At that time, and for homologations purposes, there was 200 base units (street cars versions*) and 20 evolution units (competition cars).

At the present situation, it would be possible for a manufacteur to produced 50 units of basics S2000 car (with today specs and to be used at local and regional champs) and then 10 evolution S2000+ units (with the proposed changes in a non kit format and for WRC only).

* only the Metro 6R4 base car was suitable for competition.
    Rally addict since 1982

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    thanks daniel
    I'm sure he appreciates your kind words.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

agree to Rally Power 100% !!!

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power
    Is it reasonable S2000+ to have a Kit that can be removed (8 hours by 2 mechanics )??? Why on earth a factory team needs to tuned and detuned the cars they'll use in WRC ??? At the end this only will make S2000 base cars a lot more expensive...
    Ability to be detuned increases useability of the car for other events and/or customers than solely only for WRC. Making this kit such that it can be removed within given time limit by two mechanics limits freedom of technical solutions and thus should keep costs down as well. So instead of having two cars a WRC and a regular S2000 one team can have one car and use it as WRC or S2000 which ever is needed.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power
    Is it reasonable S2000+ to have a Kit that can be removed (8 hours by 2 mechanics )
    Two hours and 8 mechanics, not 8 mechanics and 2 hours.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF
    Two hours and 8 mechanics, not 8 mechanics and 2 hours.
    Uhm might just be me beeing tired but isen't that the same thing
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    Ability to be detuned increases useability of the car for other events and/or customers than solely only for WRC. Making this kit such that it can be removed within given time limit by two mechanics limits freedom of technical solutions and thus should keep costs down as well. So instead of having two cars a WRC and a regular S2000 one team can have one car and use it as WRC or S2000 which ever is needed.
    Come on Don Jippo, there will be always some national champs using more developed machinery, and for those markets the S2000+ units would be perfect, no need for detuning at all...

The development of a car that suits both regulation (S2000 and S2000+) will make the basic units more expensive because they'll have to support more sophisticated systems (I don’t see why actual S2000 needs hydraulic transmission ).

This "pre-installation" necessity and the associated costs, will make S2000 cars less atractiv for private teams and probably end the very interesting balance that today can be seen at the IRC or at some local champs, between factory and private teams
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    In my point of wiev hydraulics in gearbox and central differential are useless. They are very expensive and for spectators they bring only negatives
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump