Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Man you have no clue. Just because something doesn't make you dependant doesn't mean it's not addictive.
    I think hes aware of that.. he mentioned psychological addictiveness. I also think hes partially correct that for every one person to suffer from mental problems there are many that dont.. I think the percentage issue ("thousands") is very unrealistic though..

306 Cosworth- How do you actually know it wont affect you personally, short or long term?... and if it did do you think you would be aware that you had mental issues?... I say this because my brother was adamant that he wasnt ill .. he totally believed 100% he had gifts that no-one else had.. a part of his brain had opened that gave special abilities to see and hear things that no-one else could. They were very real to him. Anyone who tried to explain.. just didnt have these extra dimensions in their minds opened. I sh1t u not...
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    I think hes aware of that.. he mentioned psychological addictiveness. I also think hes partially correct that for every one person to suffer from mental problems there are many that dont.. I think the percentage issue ("thousands") is very unrealistic though..

306 Cosworth- How do you actually know it wont affect you personally, short or long term?... and if it did do you think you would be aware that you had mental issues?... I say this because my brother was adamant that he wasnt ill .. he totally believed 100% he had gifts that no-one else had.. a part of his brain had opened that gave special abilities to see and hear things that no-one else could. They were very real to him. Anyone who tried to explain.. just didnt have these extra dimensions in their minds opened. I sh1t u not...
    He's not 306 Cosworth. He's PbC.

Whether something is addictive in a different way is irrelevant. Addictive is addictive and he said it has "no addictive qualities" which is plainly wrong.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    He's not 306 Cosworth. He's PbC.

Whether something is addictive in a different way is irrelevant. Addictive is addictive and he said it has "no addictive qualities" which is plainly wrong.
    Ah.. got u now. sry!
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    It's considered as drug. Simple as that.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    On a tangent I've recently discovered that I might have a touch of caffeine dependancy. At work I'll have many, many cups of coffee but during the weekend I tend not to drink so much. In the past few months I've realised that I've been getting quite nasty headaches during the weekend.

My Dad had a similar problem years back (although much worse and he would often be sick). Once he twigged what the problem was he slowly started to ween himself off (drinking decaf every now and then). Now he drinks maybe 1 cup of caffeinated coffee a day and has no problems during the weekend.

It's strange because although you are aware that caffeine is a stimulant you nevver really think it'll have a physical effect beyond keeping you from sleeping.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think Cola is one of the worst drugs out there. This stuff makes kids go crazy. All that sugar and caffeine,(spelling) is not good for anyone. Why doesn't Cola have to have caution labels ?
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    But can't you grow tobacco at home if you wish let alone make your own alcohol
    right.......................... sure you canNotaaaaantigenget can'...............t...................

sorry, too much to holmes pear alkihooooooooooooool to drankkkkkkkkkkkkk.........
    I am Yahya the Infinite. <-search it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    I think Cola is one of the worst drugs out there. This stuff makes kids go crazy. All that sugar and caffeine,(spelling) is not good for anyone. Why doesn't Cola have to have caution labels ?
    until 1903 the word "coke" had a meaning on them cans.......

the funny thing is today must be my lucky day or my "hey all that you've thought about in one day is on the internet day"...... my friend just posted that "into the wild" is one of his favorite movie so i was quick to reply that it's just about a stuck up middle class self centered jack ass who thinks the world revolves around his bellybutton....

now this thread and how i wanted to post something about i on this particular forum to find out how people thought about it......

wow!

so, zico, to "counter act" your story is the one of a friend who's father tried ONE drink in the 50's, just one, one beer while he was on leave at his army base before going to fight the Korean war, one beer and he was addicted to alcohol. his case has been admitted as one of many chemical addictions in the U.S. army (pre-Bush army that is!). one day he just "woke up" and realized what's been happening but not until many years into his addiction. he took many people with him on the road to recovery and his addiction has been the center of many of our family debates. my view is he knew from day 1, make that drink 1 that someone might "really get into" this booze thing, but ignored it because it's an insignificant number of people who are affected by the booze. it's the EXACT same thing as people with weed. it's a gateway drug to people who have the ability (chemically) to be addicted.

it's more of an addictive personality trait than an weed or alcohol adiction trait. AFF is right, it is a drug hence it IS illegal. so the real question ought to be "what is illegal?" and "why?"

the second part of that question is difficult to answer..... but if you look close enough you'll realize that there are so many people who need it, so many who want it and so many who should stay away.....

in the mean time, i'll agree with JVL and say that reality is for suckers and i'll enjoy my Pastis....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think it's scary when people brew their own alcohol.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    I think it's scary when people brew their own alcohol.
    yeah..... let's ban thousands of years of "savoir faire" for a quick multi-million litter brews like heineken, budweiser and miller................please!!!!!!