Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Harder he tries the worse it gets
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les
    Harder he tries the worse it gets
    In what way does it get worse the harder he tries?

I mean, I am not saying it is any kind of achievement because clearly it ain't becase clearly it just ain't anywhere near good enough, but by my judgement he seems to be on a level with no realy dramatic slump anywhere. Not in results. Five times he has come 11th and each of the three other times he has finished are in the same 3 places (13th, 14 & 15th).

So I wouldn't say things are getting worse. It is just things aren't getting better. I don't see anywhere he is starting to improve.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    Don't worry about it SEATFreak. Whilse Jelley hasn't done very well, Les is still just bitter about Andy Neate not getting the drive.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak

I mean, I am not saying it is any kind of achievement because clearly it ain't becase clearly it just ain't anywhere near good enough, but by my judgement he seems to be on a level with no realy dramatic slump anywhere. Not in results. Five times he has come 11th and each of the three other times he has finished are in the same 3 places (13th, 14 & 15th).

So I wouldn't say things are getting worse. It is just things aren't getting better. I don't see anywhere he is starting to improve.
    I think that's a very fair assessment. Personally, I feel rather sorry for the chap, as he can't be enjoying not getting any points either.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I bet WSR are kicking themselves right now, one for losing the OC, and two, for picking Jelley. Things would have been sweeter with a better decision.
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VX_Rules
    I bet WSR are kicking themselves right now, one for losing the OC, and two, for picking Jelley. Things would have been sweeter with a better decision.
    Spot on with both counts; especially the latter.

But would TOC be doing as well if not better for WSR as he is doing for VXR mow?

I think he would have improved on last seasons performance as he would have had a year of work with WSR and the 320si under his belt but to the Vectra is so much better and consistent in it's success rate than the other cars in this current BTCC era (Leon, Integra, Civic and 320si) it tends to make drivers who are very good look world class. Not obviously Giovanardi and Neal as they are truly worldclass. Now, this is no slight against what Tom has achieved this season, but I am sceptical about whether or not Tom could have on Sunday been one race away from doing something only Dan Eaves has ever done; win all 3 races in the 3-race format BTCC, in the 320si.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Don't worry about it SEATFreak. Whilse Jelley hasn't done very well, Les is still just bitter about Andy Neate not getting the drive.
    Hey, if Andy can kick my a**e in a kart then he must be good
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Your right bout OC, He'd of definately improved on his last season in the Beemer, but Front wheel drives where he is at and needed that drive At Vauxhall.
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Hey, if Andy can kick my a**e in a kart then he must be good
    Jelley does seem to be taking longer to get to grips with the BMW than you would have expected.But please don't even try to put Andy Neate in the same league.I am quite sure that Dick Bennetts thinks he chose the right man out of those two,after all he is proving quicker than Collard
    Just because I don't suffer from paranoia,doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    dont know about Les being bitter perhaps Andy would have done a better job than jelley, come to think of it there is a heck of a lot of drivers that would have delivered more than jelley
    2009, Jonathan Adam BTCC, marshal at Knockhill Orange dont be seen trackside without it