Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

no suzuki @2009?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67077

Suzuki's immediate future in the World Rally Championship has been questioned following rumours in the WRC service park that the Japanese firm is ready to pull the plug on the SX4 WRC at the end of the season.
    Suzuki developed the SX4 WRC - their first ever World Rally Car - with a long-term future in mind. When they began the project, there was talk of the current regulations continuing until 2012. Now, however, the car will be obsolete by the end of next season.
    Sources close to the Suzuki World Rally Team say the European-based outfit have hinted at a WRC withdrawal for next year, in favour of developing a new Super 2000-plus SX4 through 2009 in readiness for a world championship return in 2010.
    The firm's manufacturer representative Keiichi Suzuki denied the decision had been taken, saying: "We expected to use SX4 WRC until 2012. But now the rules changes come early, for 2010. We will start to discuss the future soon, but nothing is decided."
    Suzuki categorically denied rumours that the team would not start the next round in Sardinia. He did add, however, that the team might be without team principal Nobuhiro 'Monster' Tajima for a second rally in succession. Tajima missed the Jordan Rally due to illness.
    There was talk, however, that Tajima's absence could be longer term following more speculation that he and Suzuki had parted company. Again, Keicchi Suzuki declined to confirm that Tajima would be present on round six.
    "It depends on his schedule," is all he would add.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67077

Suzuki's immediate future in the World Rally Championship has been questioned following rumours in the WRC service park that the Japanese firm is ready to pull the plug on the SX4 WRC at the end of the season.
    Suzuki developed the SX4 WRC - their first ever World Rally Car - with a long-term future in mind. When they began the project, there was talk of the current regulations continuing until 2012. Now, however, the car will be obsolete by the end of next season.
    Sources close to the Suzuki World Rally Team say the European-based outfit have hinted at a WRC withdrawal for next year, in favour of developing a new Super 2000-plus SX4 through 2009 in readiness for a world championship return in 2010.
    The firm's manufacturer representative Keiichi Suzuki denied the decision had been taken, saying: "We expected to use SX4 WRC until 2012. But now the rules changes come early, for 2010. We will start to discuss the future soon, but nothing is decided."
    Suzuki categorically denied rumours that the team would not start the next round in Sardinia. He did add, however, that the team might be without team principal Nobuhiro 'Monster' Tajima for a second rally in succession. Tajima missed the Jordan Rally due to illness.
    There was talk, however, that Tajima's absence could be longer term following more speculation that he and Suzuki had parted company. Again, Keicchi Suzuki declined to confirm that Tajima would be present on round six.
    "It depends on his schedule," is all he would add.
    I wasn't surprised when I read the article yesterday. This is what happens when a new team decides to commit to the WRC and then the rules get changed like a shift in the wind. Suzuki has wasted their time and money this season, therefore, should probably put a stop to this headache and prepare for 2010.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Suzuki would be more than right to pull out, no point in developing a car that will be obsolete in a year.
    Rest in peace Richard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Even if they decide to stay in WRC, I think their mission has changed from making a winning car in SX4 but just to get data to build on for the future. In fact, Suzuki Sports is planning to develop Swift S2000 to comply with the new WRC regulations. However Suzuki Sports and Suzuki Co. are two different operations, and it seems that Suzuki Co. (which is where money is) is starting to lose the interest in pursuing rallying as their way of promotions.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Too bad... the car is totally unreliable but I think they can eventually improve shortly (success in S1600 proves it), but if they pull the plug now it means a whole lotta C4-Focus mass and nothing more to see...

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I doubt that anyone from Suzuki would be talking like this about the forthcoming rule changes making the car obsolete if that car was a competitive proposition.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    That's why I hate when rules are changed.
    Formula 1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Unbelievable.. The car needs developement, but seems to be promising in future years. It's way too soon to say the car sucks..

Too bad for Suzu . I was hoping to have a new manufacturer in the championship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I doubt that anyone from Suzuki would be talking like this about the forthcoming rule changes making the car obsolete if that car was a competitive proposition.
    No of course not, but Suzuki is realistic enough to know that their car needs a lot of development, that would be worth it if they had untill 2012 to rally and improve this car. But now timespan is too short and there is no point to develop this car from which they will never get the gains.
    Rest in peace Richard

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    If Suzuki have any brains they'll have an S2000 car ready ASAP to test next year in the WRC so they can hit the ground running in 2010
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.