Hi all! I'm seriously shooting to be a professional racing driver, and my ultimate goal at the moment is American Le Mans. I've made my karting debut and am participating in the Jim Russel racing schools programs at Infineon raceway in California.

Basically, I know nothing, know no one, have no money, and no sponsorship. I'm dirt (but I can sorta drive). And I'm still a kid (18).

My question is this: what is the path to ALMS? I'm somewhat familiar with the open-wheel route to Formula 1. But I'm stumped when it comes to sportscars.

Basically, I've looked at clubsport, nearly barfed (sorry) and looked away for something else. I need something to get me started after karting. I need something recognisable, sponsorable, and most of all, professional. There needs to be legitimate money involved. I want to make this my life, because it's already my passion.

You may ask why I'm on an internet forum asking about this, and the reason is that I'm just not in touch with the right people. So I'm asking anyone and everyone.

So, if you have raced professionally, or know of someone who has, please let me know or shoot me some advice. Name a series I can look into to get started on the sportscar path, please. You have all my thanks. I'm just totally blank in this area of motorsport.

PS, I run a blog about my experiences thus far (and into the future), but I'm reluctant to post a link to it as that may be considered advertising. If you guys want to see it, just ask.

Thank you.

~Mad.