Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    Maybe she should try herself in GP2 before and see if she can win a few races like a certain EJ Viso.
    Exactly but I feel her ego is too big to take the step down now. Marco has not, why not as the Andrettis can afford it. Graham Rahal said he would but would he now? A step back only works when you win the Championship and these drivers are nervous to take such a risk. Cannot say I blame them.
    I see more GP2 people crossing the Atlantic as the IRL gets stronger than US based drivers doing the opposite. Maybe some from Atlantics will do it. Also the cash scenario is still better in the US.

One reason why Pantano is a real hero, year three or four in GP2 and still a winner after being at Jordan and then dumped by EJ after EJ had taken his cash for the race but put ( Glock I think ) another driver in the car and kept the money which came from his girlfriend. Wonder if she still is.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "but she admitted in an interview with British newspaper the Daily Star that her heart had been set on F1 from an early age, right back to when she competed in the UK at the tender age of 16."

had = past tense.
    get a 1994 Lola or Reynard and put a Cosworth engine in it, sounds great, runs great, looks great...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nanders
    "interview with British newspaper the Daily Star
    and what a reputable newspaper that is

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As I read that story on crash.net, the "had" part is significant, as is the part about wanting to win an ICS championship first.

That doesn't seem like ego to me, only desire, and much more realistic than declaring at Motegi that Monaco was her next stop. She basically said there were bridges to cross before she was likely to make any changes. IMO, sounds pretty logical.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Except for Indycool's post it's just the latest in a long line of "Let's bash Danica" threads.

As far as F1 being the top series, I'd like to see Alonso or Raikkonnen qualifying and finishing fourth at Indy in their first attempt. But, oops, I forgot. They don't have the ***** to compete there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    JPM competed in his only race with a different car then he was used too and whipped everyone silly.

Bourdais was doing the same thing running in the top 5 all day long before something failed and he crashed.

another note: the GP of Monaco is the same weekend as Indy, really think they would go to Indy instead of Monaco
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Komahawk
    Except for Indycool's post it's just the latest in a long line of "Let's bash Danica" threads.

As far as F1 being the top series, I'd like to see Alonso or Raikkonnen qualifying and finishing fourth at Indy in their first attempt. But, oops, I forgot. They don't have the ***** to compete there.
    So instead why not make another BS "F1 drivers have no *****s cos they don't run ovals" thread.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JSH
    So instead why not make another BS "F1 drivers have no ***** cos they don't run ovals" thread.
    That's not what I suggested, but if you like feel free to post such a thread.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To each his own series. Today, F1 is different from NASCAR, different from ICS, different from WoO. More money in it, and worldwide, more prestige I guess, but to me it's just a DIFFERENT racing series.

Eddie Irvine, before the first USGP at Indy, said they shouldn't run F1 there because of the walls, speeds and danger. That was about the time a 19-year-old American college girl named Sarah Fisher ran 225 in qualifying and didn't wuss.

Michael Schumacher may not want to do the Indianapolis 500 because of the danger involved, but Steve Kinser and Jack Hewitt relished their "months of May." Never even mind about sprint cars at Eldora for some.

Some may think 300 miles an hour is too fast, but John Force doesn't. And a Force might not want to do what Nicky Hayden does because of apprehensions, but Hayden does it.

But as Komahawk suggests, do not diminish the achievement of starting fourth and finishing fourth in the Indianapolis 500. One, it's more than twice as long as any F1 race and they average 100 mph or so faster. Two, it has the largest audience of any race in the world in the world's largest seating facility. There's more, but stating the obvious.

I posted this in the F1 forum, but it also fit's in here...

On the subject of Danica Patrick wanting to have a go in Formula One....I don't see anything wrong in any racing driver stating such an ambition.

I'd be more worried if they didn't.

Sure, there are better drivers in IndyCar (Dixon would not be out of place in F1 by any means) and there are young drivers with more potential in IndyCar (Graham Rahal possibly), but then there are and have been better drivers and young drivers with more potential than quite a few who have been in Formula One, so it's not going to set a dangerous precedent if Danica did get an F1 drive.

If she gets a chance and doesn't perform, she'll be out. Just like everybody else.