Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,256 Times in 682 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    Can we really consider mechanical failures as "unlucky" ???

In this case Suzuki are damn UNLUCKY and not doing bad work on the cars :
    Petter is having bad luck now, but rememeber the good luck he had, especially in 2003 when it could be said he reversed into the Championship. Citroen/Loeb got their tyre choices wrong in Corsica and Catalunya - costing him 2 wins, plus the wet conditions which suited Pirellis.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
    aktinson maybe fit to win rallys as he has started to learn not to crash. he will gradually increase in speed again, practising his new found art of not crashing, but I doubt the combo will be a c4/loeb beater.
    I think it's less about Atko "learning not to crash" and more about Prevot being more compatible with Atko than McNeall.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    I think it's less about Atko "learning not to crash" and more about Prevot being more compatible with Atko than McNeall.

Quite ironic regarding the season Prévot codrove Duval

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    Quite ironic regarding the season Prévot codrove Duval
    maybe duval was the problem in that car.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    I agree. I said it all along when McNeall was co-driving. The guy has no rhythm in the way he delivers his notes and his tone isn't the best either.

I agree with Tomi that Duval was the problem in that Xsara.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Chris has achieved consistently good results, but what I am afraid of is that even if the new car is quicker, it would be unreliable and Chris would fail to continue scoring good consistent points like he is doing now. In the current state of WRC finishing is more important than just pure speed. There is no doubt that Loeb has been clearly faster than Atko so far this year, but he has had one more retirement and therefore is only 2 points ahead.

Conclusion: Better drive a car, which consistently brings you a 3rd place rather than a car, which finishes in 2nd position in half of the rallies, but retires from the other half.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Thing is they're not really missing out on anything with not running the old car. It's not like they're risking ending a winning streak. Personally I think debuting the new car ASAP is a good idea.
    I think it's not about missing anything, it's about getting the job done right.
    If they rush the new car development, their struggle may continue.
    Of course, if they have (can afford) two development teams working in parallel, then yes, they are not missing much, it may actually help.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fischer
    Even if they get a good running car I doubt Solberg and Atkinson can do something against Loeb, Hirvonen and Latvala.
    Are you serious??? Both drivers have the ability to beat all 3 of those drivers (particularly Hirvonen and Latvala), the only thing holding them back is the POS Subaru keep giving them.
    Mark Kent - The older I get, the faster I was

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC2006
    I think we should give Chris more time and I am sure if he was given a C4 or a Focus, he would suprise everybody here. Remember guys, driving a Subaru is another fight for him before even thinking fighting with other drivers.

I think Chris is doing really well compared to the S*** car he has got.
    Exactly
    Mark Kent - The older I get, the faster I was

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Chris has achieved consistently good results, but what I am afraid of is that even if the new car is quicker, it would be unreliable and Chris would fail to continue scoring good consistent points like he is doing now. In the current state of WRC finishing is more important than just pure speed. There is no doubt that Loeb has been clearly faster than Atko so far this year, but he has had one more retirement and therefore is only 2 points ahead.

Conclusion: Better drive a car, which consistently brings you a 3rd place rather than a car, which finishes in 2nd position in half of the rallies, but retires from the other half.

Won't your countryman Markko Märtin drive the new Subie on some occasion this year ??