Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    So who's the lucky and who's the unlucky?

Is Rautenbach the lucky one because his father can pay for a great WRC car that's better than his son's talents justifies?

And Loeb the unlucky one to be hit by a driver who shouldn't be in WRC?

I guess that wasn't what you meant ,
    It's amazing how much more fun one get if the smileys are left out.

You got me right Mike, this is exactly what I meant.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Crashing into the worlds best rally driver on a road section and taking him out while he's leading the rally

I do wonder if Conrad has beaten some record for crashing the most amount of times in a WRCar in such a short amount of time
    From what I saw of the incident on TV I would imagine that insurance companies would probably look on it as a knock for knock incident.

Would folks rather see 1 less WRC car on events?

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    On serious note.

I've always thought that drivers from the category "pappa betalar" (daddy pays) are entitled to rally if they have the green for it. Some of them slowly evolved as drivers, like Aigner did. And if the seat is not away from anybody then why the hell not?

But now I honestly think that there should be some rules or standards. Don't you think Condrad has a little too big toy in his hands? For now we have had only material damage but more serious accidents are waiting to happen. If Condrad likes so much rallying and it's not a question of money, shouldn't he be in Group-N or something. Just for universal safety.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwssport
    Would folks rather see 1 less WRC car on events?
    With all due respect rwssport, what I've benefit of seeing Rautenbach's WRC in rallyes, is only the remains of it
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    But now I honestly think that there should be some rules or standards. Don't you think Condrad has a little too big toy in his hands? For now we have had only material damage but more serious accidents are waiting to happen. If Condrad likes so much rallying and it's not a question of money, shouldn't he be in Group-N or something. Just for universal safety.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I totally agree with this one, maybe some sort of WRC licence should be used like proposed by a forum shepherd some time ago...
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 580 Times in 212 Posts
    Not sure whether I agree here, it was a dodgy bend and unlucky that it happened, but I guess we'll never know exactly what happened because the cameras were not on there. But I have to say when DJ sent me the news I was shocked, but then the damage didn't seem as much as I was expecting when I saw it.

And to be fair to Conrad, Loeb was probably the first car he'd met on that road.

It's a strange situation but looking at it I wouldn't blame either of them. Nearly happened to me on my way towards a stage here last November too.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    I knew Daniel would right this thread!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    I knew Daniel would right this thread!
    The thread's upside down?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I laugh at Citroen
    In anticipation of the next corner...