Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koko0703
    DTM is a national series.... I don't know if Citroen really wants to replace world championship with national series, especially when they have the best driver in the world holding their steering wheel.
    To me, DTM is still below the WRC. Sure, it is different animal, and it is very high-tech and Mattias Ekstrom has proven the drivers quality while winning the RoC twice in a row, but still it is a National series. While the WRC is a world championship, which tests the cars on different tasks. And also, Citroen may be backmakers in the DTM, while they are front-runners in the WRC. It will be a bad decision if they choose the DTM.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sordo and Ogier in Red Bull Citroen's... the equivelent money that Red Bull puts in will pay for development of DTM, Loeb wins 5 wrc champs in a row, gets rather bored of it all, and drive a C5 in DTM for something different to do. sounds plausable to me.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    a rough translation from poltran:

Quote Originally Posted by &quot
    Representatives of citroen observed first round on Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters Hockenheimringu. They have faced each other with (from) Norbertem Haugiem and Wolfgangiem Ullrichem they were interested cost -, instruction book (order), generally whole serial. From exemption (recapture) after season opel 2005, it searchs for third producer DTM, which (who) would like to chase (to race) with mercedes and Audi. It gossip about MG and Lexusie, it is said about citroen presently. Speculations have appeared in media concerning racing C5 and. Sebastiena Loeba, Which (who) has foreshadowed (has presaged), that it will be transmitted (will be rescheduled) after rally career on gauge. Present program of citroen is finished in (to) after season 2009 WRC.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I think any non-German manufacturer wanting to enter the DTM ought to think again, unless they desperately want to promote themselves more in Germany alone. It's a great championship, but its reach in marketing terms is hardly global.

MJW
    I dont know why there is so much negativity about DTM, the coverage on Motors TV is very good and lengthy. With a race the whole event can be covered with a few cameras and given a two hour slot on tv. I can see a future where rallying (hopefully) returns to its roots with lower tech cars and more traditional, i.e. non cloverleaf /service park centred events. If this happens maybe some of the current teams opt for a more hi-tech arena. Nothing stays constant with manufacturers in WRC - anyone remember Lancia ?

MJW

Smile

Also it would be good for Loeb to show the F1 retirement home drivers how to drive, and I dont doubt Citroen's engineering capability to be front runners.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    let's put it this way. i think DTM is a great series, and i'm not against Citroen being interested in DTM. afterall Subaru runs semi-works effort in Japanese GT series. but i don't think it's worth to throw away everything Citroen has done with rallying just to go to national series. moreover, it'll be shame if they take Loeb with them.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Anyway, during a speech at the Lisbon Motorshow(Portugal) last week, PSA chairman Christian Streiff said Citroën and rallying is still for a long time

So if DTM there is, it would be in complement with WRC and not in replacement, I suppose

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    Anyway, during a speech at the Lisbon Motorshow(Portugal) last week, PSA chairman Christian Streiff said Citroën and rallying is still for a long time

So if DTM there is, it would be in complement with WRC and not in replacement, I suppose
    Peugeot said in 2003 or 2004 that they were in the WRC for the long run so I'm not entirely sure you can trust people on this.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    I dont know why there is so much negativity about DTM, the coverage on Motors TV is very good and lengthy. With a race the whole event can be covered with a few cameras and given a two hour slot on tv. I can see a future where rallying (hopefully) returns to its roots with lower tech cars and more traditional, i.e. non cloverleaf /service park centred events. If this happens maybe some of the current teams opt for a more hi-tech arena. Nothing stays constant with manufacturers in WRC - anyone remember Lancia ?
    No negativity on my part - I'm just saying it's a German domestic championship, which, despite the races held outside Germany, it is.