Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The White Lady
    Dear Gasman#99,
    I went today too and am happy to answer why I haven't been to road courses. As I said in other posts Rockingham is a local circuit for us - I could get over for the pick ups and back to Wellingborough in time to meet other obligations in Wellingborough at 5.30. Sadly I can't achieve that with Oulton, Lydden, Mallory, Snetterton etc. I'm not against SCSA in the form it is running this year, just not able to support it in this form and, to a degree, less interested because what really gripped me was the big ovals. Your kind offer of free food and drink would not lure me to the road courses - not even champagne and caviar because I just can't get to them - I am committed to other things because dates weren't available soon enough for me to keep any Sundays free to get further afield. No-ones fault, I understand why dates weren't available, it's just the way it is. Shame the Powernights fell through really - would have got to just about all of those!

It wasn't the same without the big V8's, but it was still a good days racing. Obviously pickups topped the bill for me, but the legends and Formula Renault were entertaining too. Looking forward to seeing you guys back there one day.
    Hi,
    I fully understand what you are saying, and why you can't get to see us on a sunday. We aren't just racing on sundays this year though, Cadwell was on a saturday, Lydden (where you can see all of the circuit), we are racing on a Saturday (yes it is a long way from Wellingborough, I know as I've been there twice so far this year, and hopefully it won't snow the next time I'm there), Snetterton we are racing on August Bank Holiday monday.
    I hope that you will look and see if you and pit kid can can come and take a look, you would be made more than welcome at Team Networking, and enjoy the hospitality we are providing, as a thankyou for the support you've soon the series in the past and hopefully in the future, where ever we may be racing.
    Thanks
    Paul
    Ambulance Service Benevolent Fund Car #39 :spin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Scubie

Thanks for your very kind offer, we really would like to see you guys, but Saturdays are out for us Pitkid plays for the Northamptonshire County Youth Orchestra and they rehearse every Saturday morning!
    Completely O/T he's just pased his Grade 7 'cello exam with a Merit! Incredible!
    How about a Forum outing to see one of his concerts, now that would be a different audience for him...
    Outside chance of Bank Holiday monday depending on the wind for sailing - could you refresh my memory of when and where? Just spotted that you said Snett August Bank Hol, and we are already committed to something boo hoo

Noticed you are in Wellingborough too - would be really funny if you were just around the corner.
    Keep on trucking Stanty.
    All together 'Cheerios, cheerios, cheerios..'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Noticed you are in Wellingborough too - would be really funny if you were just around the corner.
    Paul is one of wellingboroughs finest nhs paramedics, you'll know him, drives fast(except in a duncan car)!
    Theres only 1 Tony Hurdle, 1 Tony Hurdle, theres only 1 Tony Hurdleeeeeeeeee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That ol' 53 plate Astra ain't that fast!
    Can't comment on the new one though - is it any good Paul? (ZE3)

And what's this "Rob Tinto Racing #12" - does he have formal approval from the 12Dude?
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry

im watchin you gas man who said you could use my number as a trade mark the 12 dude gave me the approval for the no. 12 not you
    so go get your own number

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    did you see that i brought the car back in one peice this time

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasman#99
    Paul is one of wellingboroughs finest nhs paramedics, you'll know him, drives fast(except in a duncan car)!
    Was going quickly round Silverstone national today, but it was in a Supercharged Lotus Exige. Wait till you see me in a V8, V8 safety Car anyone :
    Quote Originally Posted by racing59
    That ol' 53 plate Astra ain't that fast!
    Can't comment on the new one though - is it any good Paul? (ZE3)
    We have Focuses or should that be Focuii at welly. the new one is slightly faster than the old one, have had 120 leptons out of the new one on the way to a red call, only problem is that they can bog down when getting going. The new lighting system is blinding (quite literally makes the old one look like its got a couple of candles on the roof)

Now what was this tread about, pickups wasn't it, umm.... wasn't there can't comment, understand there was a fella that used to race V8's in one. Believe I pulled him out of the turn one wall once.
    Paul
    Ambulance Service Benevolent Fund Car #39 :spin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That makes three of us!
    Kerchow!
    1 winner, 42 losers.
    I eat losers for breakfast...faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning McQueen!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pickup
    I assumed that they would have been Rockingham slicks, normally the only way you could use circuit slicks on the oval is as with Sundays case when you are allowed to mix wet/slick set up.
    When the race is declared wet, tyres become free, you can use any mix you like. Dance had 4 circuit slicks on. Briggo had 2 circuit slicks with 2 wets I believe, as did Wilky, not sure bout Grindrod or Seager tho

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Full wets.