Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    Bring back the dustbins!
    good idea, so rider can ride bike while smoking!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't think I made my point too well. What I meant by the Motogp bikes being related to road bikes, is that the technology that is created for the gp bikes, will filter down to production bikes in the future. The same way F1 technology filters down to production cars etc. I think the racing this year has been great, and three winners from three races. Who will win next time out, nobody can say, that makes it exciting IMO. It was a little bit predictable before 2006, but I think there are 5 or 6 riders who could lead the pack across the finish line this year. Heehaw is doing well, but, I can't see him getting it all his way. There are a few riders that would like to take him down a peg for sure.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    Heehaw is doing well, but, I can't see him getting it all his way. There are a few riders that would like to take him down a peg for sure.
    Hmmm I can think of a certain Spainard and an Italian that immediately spring to mind

I can see the Horhay V Pedrosa rivalry being a lot of fun to watch...
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm glad to see the back of the ol' 2-bangers though they smelt great! They sound vastly inferior to the four strokes and are now obsolete technology, basically being phased out by emissions laws.
    As for the actual racing, well that goes in cycles and generations - ages if you will. Superbike racing during the 90's was brilliant and it had nothing to do with the bikes being 2 or 4-stroke. Currently Grand Prix Motorcycle racing is entering a definate golden age, the best since the late 80's and early 90's after experiencing a couple of eras of domination. I really think that the racing will tighten up as this year goes on and we will be very fortunate to witness what is to come over the next few years.
    All is not lost people!
    On the topic of TC, I don't quite know where I stand on it really. It is possibly better for the racing without it but, as a motorcyclist, the development of it through racing benefits us on the road.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Schwantz vs Rainey Suzuka 1989! Lead changes several times in the last lap, and on a fantastic flowing circuit!

I just can't fathom how stupid the switch to 800s was. There was absolutely no need. To say the speeds are too high without getting rid of TC first was stupid.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes Corn,, you prooved my point, Rossi needs to win now or i't over. He has the machine to do it. Nicky only won the tittle because of problems with the M1. Casey Casey had an engine with at least 25 more HP then the Yamaha. Done,,, past
    Today the bikes are all almost the same except the Duc can't turn (Your video also prooved that Melandri is too good for the Duc) The Kaw has a mistake called the "chassis" (Hopper is too good for the Kaw)
    Back to the point,, Rossi needs to win now to prove he is still the best. No one is more dissapointed in, or cheers more louder for Rossi than me and I will always do so. but when Dovizioso passes him (Qatar) there is definately a problem,,, GO Rossi GO

BTW Great Video, I remember the race well,, Now go have another drink
    R1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Although I reckon the 500's were always "MUCH" more entertaining it may also partially have to do with the current circuits also. It would be very interesting to see how the new crop would go at Hockenhiem etc.
    I honestly think the riders during the mid 80's through mid/late 90's were a tougher breed and it showed with how they rode those screamers at the limit, lots of high sides and race drama back then also.... we have been getting much closer to F1 predictability in recent years with the relatively easier to ride 4 strokes. Thank god the last couple of seasons at least have seen a turn around and added a little interest back into the sport (tyre parity) and made it actually worth watching again.
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFX...
    Although I reckon the 500's were always "MUCH" more entertaining it may also partially have to do with the current circuits also. It would be very interesting to see how the new crop would go at Hockenhiem etc.
    I honestly think the riders during the mid 80's through mid/late 90's were a tougher breed and it showed with how they rode those screamers at the limit, lots of high sides and race drama back then also.... we have been getting much closer to F1 predictability in recent years with the relatively easier to ride 4 strokes. Thank god the last couple of seasons at least have seen a turn around and added a little interest back into the sport (tyre parity) and made it actually worth watching again.
    Hockenheim! Thanks for reminding me Jet, I was remembering about that track the other day when WSB were going there during the 90's. What a circuit. Imagine how fast the current MotoGP machines would be going around there.
    I reckon that as this year goes on the racing will get tighter as things settle down. Especially as the series bunkers down in Europe at the more neutral tracks.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    Hockenheim! Thanks for reminding me Jet, I was remembering about that track the other day when WSB were going there during the 90's. What a circuit. Imagine how fast the current MotoGP machines would be going around there.
    I reckon that as this year goes on the racing will get tighter as things settle down. Especially as the series bunkers down in Europe at the more neutral tracks.
    Yeah, that was the old Hockenheim before they destroyed it. Now it's another Tilke-drom.
    I was trying to think last night are there any Moto GP circuits with ultra long straights like the old Hockenheim - personally I like to see a variety of circuits - fast, slow, long, short, flowing, tight & twisty, etc Imagine Moto GP at Spa - not possible, but imagine it.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After seeing WSB on the weekend, I reckon it's time to see MotoGP at Monza! You know you want it as well.
    Get off my lawn