Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m.lowe
    The organisers of the Promenade Stages Sal get dispensation from their local council to shut off the roads for a certain numbers of hours so they can run the rally so Iwould guess Bradford council would do the same

Just a thought
    Promenade must be private (council) roads (with private speed limits, if there are any) to do that. City centre likely to be public roads - so all the usual problems would apply?
    We need to be sarcastic about cycle racing being treated differently from motorsport. It's very important in the debate over road closures and changing the law to delegate to local authorities the right to waive speed limits. Problem is, such legisalation is only likely as part of a package that allows them to reduce speed limits on some rural roads, which could seriously affect road rallying.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fal

I agree with what you are saying. Also with the proposed increase in forestry charges for UK rallying and the increased pressure on the woods for recreational use and the ever present environmental lobby the RAC MSA and other bodies really need to get their finger out and start pressing for road closure orders If that means money to fund a lobby of Parliament to get a bill thru then so be it. Unlike Ireland and the continent we have never had much in the way of closed roads events JCMR excepted.

This event will be good publicity for rallying and has my support if only thru my pocket..