Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is so utterly painful. It just seems like he's past the point of even trying. Nobody can possibly believe that he is doing his best.

It's too bad that Marco isn't going to replace Hopper. It would be great to see Marco on the Kawa and Sete on the Ducati at a race soon. But something tells me that might not happen.

What would happen if Sete was the one getting lapped and Marco was finishing top ten? Ducati would have egg on their face.

But if Sete hops on the Duc and finishes anywhere in the top 10 and Marco is anywhere outside the top 10 his confidence could be gone for good.

Marco might just be best to take the year off and then hope on a new bike during Winter tests.
    go speed racer go

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Good point Ryan. Getting a flogging on the Kawasaki could totally ruin Marco, but I feel he needs to take the chance. I think the Kwaka would be more suited to him. Sete seems to have adapted to the Ducati, judging by the lap times he posted in testing. The only sticking point for it all to happen is Marco's manager asking for too much money for him to step down, from what I have read. Cut your losses and get out of there Marco, the Kwak is even offering you a third bike for the rest of the season, and the chance of a contract for 2009 if you can get some decent results.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Marco will do alright on the Kwak. If they can get the thing to finish a race then I think it has the pace for Marco to achieve anywhere between 5th and 10th finishings(?), similar to where Suzuki are at the moment. I think he would happily take that given how his year has gone so far. Then hopefully Kawasaki continue with this same 3-rider thru 2009 as well.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gco0307
    Have read elsewhere a translated Italian article which alludes to the fact that the hod-up to the release is MM's wages demands.

Apparently he (through management) wants the remainder of 2008 salary and a percentage of 2009 as a minimum of he is to leave the team.

Garry
    That would be really ugly and could result in Marco deliberately not trying just to spite Ducati. I read the opposite a while back, that Marco might have to buy his way out of his contract

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Would there be any more glorious a sight than a renewed Sete on his Duke going mano a mano against Rossi in the second part of the season?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just imagine if he beat Rossi a couple of times, enough that Stoner beat Vale to the title. I reckon Sete would re-retire a very happy man.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    That would be really ugly and could result in Marco deliberately not trying just to spite Ducati. I read the opposite a while back, that Marco might have to buy his way out of his contract
    could result in marco deliberately not trying?

he already is deliberately not trying. does anyone think he really is 3 seconds a lap slower than casey? 1 sec or 2 even secs a lap slower is down to comfort level on the bike, i believe, but 3 secs per lap is him simply not racing, just cruising.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-D
    could result in marco deliberately not trying?

he already is deliberately not trying. does anyone think he really is 3 seconds a lap slower than casey? 1 sec or 2 even secs a lap slower is down to comfort level on the bike, i believe, but 3 secs per lap is him simply not racing, just cruising.
    Don't think so. Racers don't want to look as rubbish as he does now. Even if he was deliberately slow then I'd think he'd want to be ahead of the satellite team so that people don't think he is that bad. Remember that when he's next looking for a ride it'll harm his chances quite a lot.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    many racers have quit trying. some have even parked perfectly good motorcycles (tamada and hoffman last year, for example).

i don't think marco is above that. neither does the suppo. the only reason they are insisting that he stay on the bike is because the lawyers have not worked out a financial resolution that works for both parties.

i find it extremely plausible that marco's -3 second per lap pace is purposely trying to force ducati's hand. the only reason kwack mentioned him as a replacement at germany is because they had an inkling that he'd be available. ducati squashed that. now what we have is a peeing match between marco and ducati. marco wanting out versus ducati's desire to not overpay him while simultaneously firing him.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not convinced that he's deliberately given up/not trying but I think he's so lost on the bike that he's lost that desire and confidence to push to the nth degree and risk his neck which is required to be competitive. Given his speed was already below par it has now compounded itself. As far as finishing up with Ducati, surely he should ask for no more than to be paid out of this year, waive next year and move on?
    Get off my lawn