Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Marco was slowest in morning warm up today - 4.5s slower than Stoner and 2.5 slower than Elias in the Alice Ducati (on a dry track). In fact he was lapping slower than the British Superbike front runners from earlier in the year on Pirelli control tyres (which in themselves are probably worth at least 1.5s)

Ducati should give him his marching orders with or without a replacement

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Poor old Marco. He is such a great rider, but just can't get used to the duke. He should have stayed put on the Gresini Honda IMO.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Marco marco marco.. where art thou marco ?
    go speed racer go

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

So... who's gonna replace Melandri?

It's becoming increasingly obvious that Marco won't be at Ducati next year. 3 seconds per lap difference means something don't gel here. Fortunately he has respectable achievements to lean back on, so he'll probably find another ride next year.

So... who's gonna replace him? Who's off-contract for next year?

Personally I'd get any possible replacement testing that Duc before they sign a contract (if that's possible). That way there won't find out too late that the combination is a dud.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think everyone is aware and agrees that Marco is an enormous talent, an absolute class act, but his current situation is becoming increasingly bleak and pointless. The bike is clearly capable of so much more than Marco can get it to deliver when he is even outpaced by the Ducati test riders during tests. We are now at the season mid-point with no sign of improvement and I think for all parties that it would be best if he moved aside within the next couple of rounds for Canepa to gain experience.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Melandri should be replaced by Evil Kenivel Jnr, whats his name? Robby or sum .. Yer, he could do a better job than a multiple MotoGP race winner.. Sheeshh, dont get me started..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Should Ducati Replace Melandri Now? Uhm, NO! With who? Gibbernever? I think it's blatantly obvious that the GP8 is a very particular machine that only one massively insane Aussie rider can get the most out of.. Full ing stop...
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    troy bayliss.

seriously, it's gotta be nicky hayden.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    Should Ducati Replace Melandri Now? Uhm, NO! With who? Gibbernever? I think it's blatantly obvious that the GP8 is a very particular machine that only one massively insane Aussie rider can get the most out of.. Full ing stop...
    And that's the major sticking point, who would replace him and do a better job. The only guy I can think of who would be worthwhile trialling is Nicolo Canepa. Melandri would probably be the worlds most expensive test rider in history! The dilemma for Ducati is that Melandri shows no signs of any improvement in the near or distant future.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Nicky Hayden looks most likely to ride for Ducati next season

I read a rumour that Sete will ride a factory spec bike for Alice/d'Antin and Aspar team will get the 4th Ducati
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...