Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Riders' Job Centre - 2007

Well, we've had the entry lists and we know who's in so far for 2007, which is good.

On the flipside, here's a list of some who aren't at present and looking for work (if any are wrong, please correct me):

MotoGP
    Garry McCoy - Supermoto
    Jose Luis Cardoso - Test riding the Ducati MotoGP bike

250cc
    Manuel Poggiali - year off
    Andrea Ballerini
    Franco Battaini
    Martin Cardenas
    Arturo Tizon - looks like Aprilia Germany in 250cc
    Jakub Smrz
    Fabricio Perren
    David de Gea - looks like Spanish CEV Championship

WSB
    Neil Hodgson
    Ivan Silva (not sure which class to put him under)
    Vittorio Iannuzzo - looks like Italian Superbike
    Giovanni Bussei - retired?
    Ivan Clementi

WSS
    Stephane Chambon - retired?
    Kai Borre Andersen - looks like German Superbikes
    Maxime Berger - European Superstock 600
    Sebastine Legrelle

BSB
    Scott Smart
    Ben Wilson
    Glen Richards - World Enduro with Phase One
    Dean Thomas
    Steve Plater - looks like AIM Yamaha for BSB/and or enduro racing

plus plenty of others I'm sure all around.

So, who should be on the grid who isn't? Am sure most of the guys above think they have a reasonable case to fit in somewhere.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's quite a list isn't it.

The last I heard about some of those riders...

- Garry McCoy should continue running in World Supermoto on a KTM
    - I know that Cardoso has a job, he's running Supersport on a D'Antin bike somewhere if I remember correctly.
    - Poggi is having a year off, may do some Supermoto though, or test riding, or both.
    - Cardenas is supposedly still involved with the Honda program but I'm not 100% sure on that.
    - de Gea should continue running in Spanish Supersport or FXtreme.
    - Iannuzzo is running Italian Superbike I think.
    - Clementi was running Superbike or Supersport somewhere I think.
    - Legrelle was on the short list for a Spanish CEV team, not sure if he's got it though.
    - Smart has also been linked to the CEV FXtreme championship.

Look for anyone without a ride in World Supermoto, it's a great place to stay in shape. That and wandering around GP and SBK paddocks looking for a ride when someone doesn't perform or gets injured.
    Jono Porter 12/05/81 - 09/06/04
    MX's Celeb Crush - Sue Bird :love:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well I've heard from a good source that Steve Plater has signed to ride for Aim Yamaha in BSB - not sure yet whether he's riding in Superbike or Supersport

He will also be riding the North West 200 and likely also the TT. That's why Guy Martin switched to Hydrex Honda for the road races as he didn't want to end up playing second fiddle to Plater. Personally I don't think Plater would be advisable to ride the TT as he pushes too hard on the roads. At Macau this year he was pushing so hard to beat Rutter that he actually wore down the shell of his helmet on the walls and barriers. You can only get away with that sort of thing for so long.

The same source has suggested that Jim Moodie is 'very' likely to be riding at the TT although he couldn't tell me any more at this stage. Be good to see him back there for the centenary

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mx311
    That's quite a list isn't it.

The last I heard about some of those riders...

- I know that Cardoso has a job, he's running Supersport on a D'Antin bike somewhere if I remember correctly. on a Kwak it was once rumoured
    - Clementi was running Superbike or Supersport somewhere I think. I thought he was going to run his own team but doesn't seem to be happening
    Glen Richards is riding for the Phase One Yamaha team in the World Endurance Championship.
    Dean Thomas may return to BSB running his own team.
    Steve Plater is running World Endurance next year with Kawasaki France and alongside Ivan Silva as one of his teammates.
    I thought Chambon and Bussei had retired.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kai Borre Andersen is going to ride in the German IDM-SBK this year for Alpha Techik Honda. Maybe they will do a wild card in WSBK

Jakub Smrz is racing in WSBK this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by axxexs
    Kai Borre Andersen is going to ride in the German IDM-SBK this year for Alpha Techik Honda. Maybe they will do a wild card in WSBK
    And here i was think Alpha Technik were what is now known as Yamaha Germany in the World Supersports (Alpha Technik in 2000, became Bilders Suspension or something in 2003, then Yamaha Germany at a later date)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racer69
    And here i was think Alpha Technik were what is now known as Yamaha Germany in the World Supersports (Alpha Technik in 2000, became Bilders Suspension or something in 2003, then Yamaha Germany at a later date)

If I'm not mistaken (and I may well be) Alpha Technic moved from Yamaha over to Honda and ran Adam Fergusson and someone else.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Something weird happened, because in 2000 Alpha Technik were also running Yamaha's in WSB as well as Supersport, i recall something along the lines of the Superbike side of the team moving to WSS in 2001 (to run Krusty as you say), which led to the name change for the Yamaha WSS effort (as Teuchert & Kellner were still the riders in 2001 onwards)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Updated the list with recent stuff.

Am surprised no-one's got space for Fabricio Perren in the 250s - he joined midway through last season as a complete rookie and did a good job with a small team.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kai Borre IS going to ride for the Alpha Technik in IDM-SBK! Think this was official for a month ago.
    http://www.idm.de/news.asp?mid=0&uid=0&iid=853null

Jakub Smrz is going to ride for Caracchi in WSBK. But this is not yet official what i know?

And Arturo Tizon was riding for aprilia Germany now in the Jerez test 22-24 jan.