Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    All it would take is for a few big named NASCAR drivers to run in ALMS and the popularity would soar in the US. Of course, the drivers would have to learn to turn both directions!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The few that run occasionally in Grand Am do just fine. Now if we can just get those two sides together. There's no reason the P1/P2's couldn't run a seperate class from the DP's. I wish ALMS would venture closer to me than Mid-Ohio..
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    All it would take is for a few big named NASCAR drivers to run in ALMS and the popularity would soar in the US. Of course, the drivers would have to learn to turn both directions!
    they tried that with Dale Jr. You can't get more popular than that. Now that NASCAR totally controls Grand-Am don't expect to see any Cup Drivers in the ALMS anytime soon.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    The few that run occasionally in Grand Am do just fine. Now if we can just get those two sides together. There's no reason the P1/P2's couldn't run a seperate class from the DP's. I wish ALMS would venture closer to me than Mid-Ohio..
    Grand-Am would never allow any LMP-1 or LMP-2 Class cars to run in their series as they would blow the DP's doors off.

Only chance is if ALMS alows DP to run in their race.

I have suggested that on more than on occasion. Let the DP's run in selected events(Like Sebring) but allow them bigger restricters so their times are closer to the LMP's instead of the GT-2s

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Grand-Am would never allow any LMP-1 or LMP-2 Class cars to run in their series as they would blow the DP's doors off.

Only chance is if ALMS alows DP to run in their race.

I have suggested that on more than on occasion. Let the DP's run in selected events(Like Sebring) but allow them bigger restricters so their times are closer to the LMP's instead of the GT-2s
    That would be interesting - you'd have the LMP's, the GT2's and the "VW beetles on steroids" all running together.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    That would be interesting - you'd have the LMP's, the GT2's and the "VW beetles on steroids" all running together.
    IT all depends on what hp limitations the IMSA would restrict the DPs with.
    They can go a lot faster than they do, they are restricted to the levels they reach.