Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unhappy Why are no fans on the forum anymore?

I'm sad to say it, but a PM from a very long standing member has prompted me to ask the question.

Where have all the fans gone?

This forum has degenerated into a team message board.

Are there still fans out there? If so, please let me know.

Why are you not posting? There used to be quite a bit of fun and banter during the closed season...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IT SHOULD BE AN OVAL SERIES and the majority of people that followed the series believed that also! If fans are like myself they browse here occasionally but are pretty disinterested with the series or the sledging they get or have got from team personell.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm a fan now (rather than a photographer), I come on and check but nobody's posting anything!
    Weebit Productions Photographer: I'm not short, just far away

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    excuse me, i'm still posting(just) but as uskram says the majority who followed the series did so because it was on the oval.

the speedcar series(it was on eurosport this weekend just gone) gives you a fairly good idea of what this type of car performs like on road courses and frankly after the first couple of laps it gets a bit boring with so few cars(even more so if you can't see the cars because you're at the track).

2 ascars in a combined grid don't exactly inspire numerous posts. get the numbers up (into double digits at least) and maybe the fans MIGHT get interested again but unless you can get the numbers back into the 20s AND racing on the oval, i doubt you will see the fan following that the series had in the past. (sorry to seem pessimistic)

slightly off topic but did anyone see the nascar race this week on sky. john mickel commented that if he can get the full season budget for craftsman truck together then the possibility of tv on this side of the pond could get the rights to show the trucks. i personally wish him success in his task as the trucks can sometimes produce more entertaining racing than the stock cars.
    Hear the thunder, feel the power.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm still lurking!

But to be honest, what's to talk about?

I used to like the off topic banter throughout the year too, all to often they are closed these days.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acorn
    ...slightly off topic...
    Please keep on topic.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm still here, lurking most of the time, because of the 'topics' being discussed. Still a fan, and was at Snetterton the other weekend (wearing the tango romper suit) cheering on Colin & Tony from the bank at Russell. Was also at 'The Rock' in the cold, wind & rain on Saturday checking out the new PuT liveries and Rookie training. Strange no comments on here about that, & it's not my place to speculate !!!!!! See you all at Rockingham 19 & 20 for the PuTs first race on the Oval.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    JovialJooles, you have summed up the answer in your post above. I am not a team member or have any interest in their banter either.

I will be at Rockingham though for the PUT.

Road Courses for the V8 don't do anything for me, neither do they in Nascar. I hate those races.

Nothing else to say.

Forum Buddy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i suppose, techincally, i could be classed as a fan as well. i do come on here everyday but rarely post, because there is nothing to post about

i tend to be in the NASCAR forum a lot though

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ditto
    As per the other replies i have a browse most days but have no interest in seeing two V8's on a road circuit!!!! I guess i still visit everyday in the hope that i will read:
    Twenty plus V8's back on thr Rockingham oval
    I can live in hope can't i?
    Also there does not seem to be any posts worth replying to or having an opinion on.