Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brake test ? [merged]

Have not seen this mentioned anywhere but unable to see the race i was later told that Alonso brake tested hamilton. Is that correct ?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seppefan
    Have not seen this mentioned anywhere but unable to see the race i was later told that Alonso brake tested hamilton. Is that correct ?
    No brake test. Lewis takes the blame for having a problem avoiding the car in front.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    It was suggested as such by the commentators.. and apparantly in the McLaren garage.. didnt look like he braked to me tho, maybe could/should have been giving more throttle.. but wouldnt call it a brake test personally.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The stewards decided no investigation was necessary, and Hamilton admitted culpability.

Move on, nothing to see here.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Yes, Alonso used also dreaded dark magic to curse poor Hamilton...
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was surprised at how much of a better exit Hamilton got. However Renault apparently released telemetry showing that Fernando was flat so there's really no finger wagging required.

I suspect Lewis knew that it was Alonso in front and didn't have quite the same head on as normal when it came to overtaking him.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    When asked about the speculation of a brake test, Alonso said: "Well, Pat Symonds told me now that rumour, and he has printed now the data to show everybody. It is totally rubbish, but what can I do?"

Autosport.com has seen the telemetry data of Alonso's exit from the first corner, and it shows that the Spaniard was flat on the throttle from the exit, did not touch the brake and gained speed in a totally predictable manner.

Symonds, who is Renault's executive director of engineering, said that Alonso had done nothing to contribute to the accident.

"Fernando was coming out of the turn and accelerating down the straight," explained Symonds. "He reached fifth gear, at 227km/h, on full throttle, no touching of the brakes or anything like that. And you can see on the accelerometer the impact. He got hit from behind.

"I think all I can say from our side is that there is no blame attributable to Fernando, which is what some of the speculation might be. But it does say we are not getting onto the straights very well, we are suffering a bit with traction, engine speed and engine torque."

When asked about the view of some experts in the paddock who believed it could have been a brake test, Symonds said: "Well, they are not as expert as they think then. We have the data and there is nothing untoward there. You don't need to be an expert to see that."
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66448
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    I was surprised at how much of a better exit Hamilton got. However Renault apparently released telemetry showing that Fernando was flat so there's really no finger wagging required.
    Well I guess its obvious then... Hamilton is using some form of TC...Got a better exit of the corner because of it, and simply lost focus and rammed Alonso... :
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I guess it is well-known that I'm no Alonso fan, but I cannot really see any blame here. Had he lifted, they would have crashed, not just touched.

The interesting thing is that with Hamilton having such a better exit, he would have probably passed him easily
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Mr Magoo where are you ?
    United in diversity !!!