Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    Button was being a bit thick with his approach, he seems to loose his rear when he's behing DC and can't stop his car.
    DC couldn't really do anything at that point as Button was out of control going a straight line.
    I also think the difference between this and the DC/FM accident is that DC - clearly mindful of the Oz incident - did not turn in on JB, but JB slid into, and almost over DC.

I have seen an amusing referral to DC on here somewhere as Spongebob! Priceless.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    after the crash when he was in the pits talking to louise goodman he said that dc seen him and tried to turn away but it was to late.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt
    after the crash when he was in the pits talking to louise goodman he said that dc seen him and tried to turn away but it was to late.
    That was classical "it's never my fault" Jenson
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    It was the same scenario as in Oz, DC is being passed, the other car comes along the RedBull (what a fitting name for a car that constantly runs into others! : ), than DC decides that others have no right for a piece of tarmac and runs into them.
    Send the bull home!
    The difference between Melbourne incident was that Massa was alongside DC and made the move stick whereas in Bahrain JB's manoeuvre was somewhat optimistic and lost the car underbraking.

Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    This attitude is part of the reason there is no passing inF1. Perfectly acceptable to slam the door as someone tries to come up along side of him.
    I personally don't have much of a problem with blocking but there is a grey area which blurs the moral code eg moving across the braking zone, squeezing your opponent onto the edge of the track.

The guy infront has as much right to defend his position just as much as the guy behind should be able to overtake - as long as he makes the move stick.

There has been good example over the years of good and fair blocking in F1:

Senna vs. Mansell - Monaco 1992

Schumi vs. Hill - Spa 1994

Alonso vs. Schumi - Imola 2005

Schumi vs Alonso - Imola 2006

That's all part of racing. Last year Bourdais complained about Doornbos' driving in a CCWS race in Canada and quite rightly Sea-bass was booed by the patriotic crowd.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    I don't think that this is even a case of blocking per se. You'd normally expect drivers to move to the inside of a corner on the racing line. I doubt whether DC even deviated more than about 3 feet from that. Button stuck his nose in where it didn't belong and looked stupid as a result.

Jehova Jehova Jehova... hmm. Semprini
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Both have some fault IMO thus it makes it just another racing incident.

Coulthard closed the door too late(and after from what it seemed like he was opening the door), while Button was way too optimistic and even locked the wheels... block or no blocking from Coulthard, he wasn't going to make it through that corner...
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Button lost control of his car (i.e. back end stepping out and wheels locking) because DC gave him an opportunity and then, after noticing that Button could make it, took it away.

Optimistic move by Button and an idiotic block by DC.
    J

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    The ...

I personally don't have much of a problem with blocking but there is a grey area which blurs the moral code eg moving across the braking zone, squeezing your opponent onto the edge of the track.

crowd.
    Time to take away the "grey area" as it permits bumper car excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by jjanicke
    Button lost control of his car (i.e. back end stepping out and wheels locking) because DC gave him an opportunity and then, after noticing that Button could make it, took it away.

Optimistic move by Button and an idiotic block by DC.
    Yep and as long as the "gray area", slam the door is okay, is permitted to continue, then there is one the biggst problems with F1 and passing. Car to the inside of a corner should have the right of way. Car to the outside must make room.

Failure to do so should have some amajor penalty involved beyond the result of the accident (last place on the grid and 10 points removed from the guy for next race)
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I think that Jenson is pretty much blameless in this situation. The normal line for that corner is slightly wider than the one DC was taking, leading me to believe that he saw Button originally, panicked when he saw Jenson going for it, then moved across in a desperate attempt to block.

Jenson was braking as if to overtake, so he could do nothing when the Red Bull came across him. He had no chance to go wide to avoid him, so tried to cut the corner and it turned into a crash.

Jenson said on the TV that he did a fastest lap/sector time just before he caught Coulthard, so maybe he came up on DC so quickly that DC didn't know he was there?

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    who were you before? flat tyres? valve

confess now or else
    Why am I being dragged into this?

I don't appreciate this nonsense!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout