Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millencolin
    My personal opinion, James is pathetic! needs to get the boot. Bring in... hmmm...

Jeremy Shaw!!! hey.. why not?
    Aye, hes out of work now isnt he?
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    It is amusing how he used to be accused of pro-Schumacher bias...
    He did that this very day, alleging that Coulthard mysteriously slowed down at Spa '98.
    Senna & Rossi, everytime.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    All you people do on this forum is want to fire people...Allen max RD freddie and the list goes on and on and on.....
    I think there is a fair reason to kick out S&Max, don't you?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_LIBERATOR
    He did that this very day, alleging that Coulthard mysteriously slowed down at Spa '98.
    Using a previous incident to highlight a current one (that DC has now alluded to anyway), that alone is worthy of his head, shirley?

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_LIBERATOR
    I didn't view that as any sort of undue pro-Schumacher bias, because I didn't think he could ever have been accused of it. That reference today struck me as unnecessary because there was no parallel between that incident and the Hamilton/Alonso one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    James Allen doesn't care about the or what actually happened. He's a tabloid journalist and thinks in headlines and controversies. e.g.

"I'm sure this stories going to run and run, and you can read all about on on our class leading website itv-f1.com..." (referring to the Alonso-Hamilton-brake-test-gate-controversy-fiasco...)

No doubt next week he'll write an article recapping everything that happened last year and between the two and comment on that despite it was a complete accident it adds to all long list of incidents between the two. He might even go as far to mention the great rivalries of Senna-Prost and Mansell-Piquet which went on long after they stopped being teammates.

Considering it was a race that Massa won without spinning, without Trulli holding up the field, Webber not actually being unlucky and all the British drivers being absolutely rubbish he may have to do something than cut and paste every other F1 column anyone's ever written.
    Extremely impressed with the first 43 laps of Bourdais' race

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeall
    James Allen doesn't care about the or what actually happened. He's a tabloid journalist and thinks in headlines and controversies.
    For that reason he should be replaced, Tabloids and Newspaper Articles spreading rubbish are not good for F1.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIA
    For that reason he should be replaced, Tabloids and Newspaper Articles spreading rubbish are not good for F1.
    Trouble is, and quite worrying also, is that a good percentage of the rubbish turns out to be true...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I meant he's like a tabloid journalist, its annoying because you know full well he could be telling you what's going on in a race but he'd rather say the same thing over and over again. Everyone knows Massa hadn't finished a race before today (one of which was an engine failure) it had been covered extensively throughout qualifying and the build up to the race.
    Extremely impressed with the first 43 laps of Bourdais' race

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzlaF1
    Aye, hes out of work now isnt he?
    He was here in AUstralia for the GP, working with our host broadcaster (network 10) as an expert commentator sort of role, and he did an excellent job.

During his time doing the commentary for the Champ Car international feed, he was very good at his job and I heard no one complain about him. In fact all I read was praise (although it was on the somewhat biased CCF forum). But I found his commentary to be of a very high standard. And he worked extremely well with his Co-Commentator, James Hinchcliffe.

Shaw and Hinchie for '09! :
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!