Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ask ESPN Classics for Indycar

There's so much footage available to ESPN and yet the history of the sport goes unserved. No condensed races aside from the two or three produced years ago, almost nothing at all. To me this state of affairs isn't just a disappointment, its an injustice...

So please, if you agree then take a few minutes out of your web browsing time and let ESPN hear your concerns. Contact ESPN Ombudsman George Soloman through his feedback page:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=2097428

Cut and paste or compose your own message:

As both an Indycar fan and ESPN viewer I would like to request more IRL historical content on ESPN Classics.

And encourage others to do the same.

Thanks!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What? You don't enjoy the endless replay of the 1982 Indy 500?

In all seriousness you have a point. Hey ESPN, how about some other races? I'd love to see the first !RL race in Orlando again with Tony Stewart in a Menards car.
    "Call Tony George, sell him your assets and save money, if not open-wheel racing."

Robin Miller

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well, if you want the history of the IRL, it is only but 12 years old. The rest of the history belongs to CART and USAC.

I cant say how much of OW racing ESPN classic shows in the US, but ESPN Classic Canada has shown much of the 80's and 90's CART races, not to mention most of the Indy 500's from that era. I think to go back further, there isn't the same quality of tape, and that pretty much means the last 30years of broadcasts are the ones they go to.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How does one "own" history? I have a DVD of the History of the Indy 500 (a specific race's history and it's specific traditions) - but I'm quite curious as to how one "owns" history as in a time-frame sense of happenings that occurred to many.

I mean, Tina Turner got to keep the name Turner -- but that didn't make her "own" her and Ike's history and Ike "unown" it -- did it?
    We\'ve got loud guitars and big suspicions, great big guns and small ambitions, and we still argue over who is God. Hey there miscreation, bring a flower time is wasting. It\'s hard to make a stand. /Sheryl Crow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    PS - I bought the DVD from good old Avon Canada!
    We\'ve got loud guitars and big suspicions, great big guns and small ambitions, and we still argue over who is God. Hey there miscreation, bring a flower time is wasting. It\'s hard to make a stand. /Sheryl Crow