Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Your forgiven.

Actually I am glad I had to wait. Good things come to those who wait. And looking at my position, which is 37th, I am really in not that bad a place after the first 3 rounds of the season. Opportunity for improvement. Plus I think more importantly it is all about progressing steadily; pacing yourself and not to worry when a race doesn't go according to the selection you chose. Race 3 didn't go well for me but I am comfortable with the other two.

For those who take it quite seriously like I do, no good being too high too early. I think you can sort of feel you have put pressure on yourself to try to maintain the good form. And I think it is that pressure that can lead you to begin to lag behind in the standings.

No such pressure I think can exist if you just take things nice and easy and not to rush.

Also I think if you look closely at the standings theirs few pairs of placings that are several points apart. I am level with AndySpeed but only one behing jack marsh and Wasted Talent. So I think it is very possible to make good ground fairly quickly at this point in the season. It looks like the gap betwen 6th and 7th is the largest in the standings.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, im winning!
    04/05 VW Cup Champion, 06 Clio Cup 9th, 07 Clio Cup 11th, 08 Bought a house! 09 G50? Clio?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil H
    Wow, im winning!
    Do you have any particular tactic or just do what I do and go for it?

A third place for race 1 and a win for race 2 is a great achievement for a brand new season.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just guessing!
    04/05 VW Cup Champion, 06 Clio Cup 9th, 07 Clio Cup 11th, 08 Bought a house! 09 G50? Clio?

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    Your forgiven.

Actually I am glad I had to wait. Good things come to those who wait. And looking at my position, which is 37th, I am really in not that bad a place after the first 3 rounds of the season. Opportunity for improvement. Plus I think more importantly it is all about progressing steadily; pacing yourself and not to worry when a race doesn't go according to the selection you chose. Race 3 didn't go well for me but I am comfortable with the other two.

For those who take it quite seriously like I do, no good being too high too early. I think you can sort of feel you have put pressure on yourself to try to maintain the good form. And I think it is that pressure that can lead you to begin to lag behind in the standings.

No such pressure I think can exist if you just take things nice and easy and not to rush.

Also I think if you look closely at the standings theirs few pairs of placings that are several points apart. I am level with AndySpeed but only one behing jack marsh and Wasted Talent. So I think it is very possible to make good ground fairly quickly at this point in the season. It looks like the gap betwen 6th and 7th is the largest in the standings.
    Sometimes it seems like pickems is just random chance, but yet when you look through the results in some series you say the same people being highly placed or winning time and again, so there is definitely a skill to it!

BTCC is probably the hardest pickems because although there are 30 scored events there are only 10 chances to make your picks, and picking three races where one of them is a reverse grid isn't easy. If the driver your picking for 1st crashes in the first race you could lose points for 3 events!

A lot of people seem to just pick according to the results of the last race, just look at F1, after Australia, everyone picked Hamilton, after Malaysia, everyone picked Raikkonen. But they were wrong both times!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    There was a slight bug in the system which meant that points were not correctly allocated for 8th position. The results have now been recalculated, so go back and check, although it won't have made a big difference as points in 8th are small.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    25th, 65th and 1st, and actually dropped a place overall, very random, especialy when my picks for 1st and 2nd didn't even finish in the points in the round i won!
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last in the second two races at Rockingham...I might as well try drawing names out of a hat it'll be better than my picking. At least it came good in race one.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    14th, 17th & 42nd for Rockingham. Don't seem to be dramatically heading in either direction (up or down - I am one of only 4 members to hold his place; your another Vkm.), which is good. But I can see I didn't do as well at correctly predicting the actual correct placings.

Natually theirs points awared to those who get a driver in the top 8, it appears how much depends on how close you get to that paticular place, but the scoring system for correct placings goes 10-9-8-7-6-5-4 & 3.

At Brands Hatch I correctly predicted Matt Neal to finish 3rd in race 3 and DT 4th in race 1. Which obbviously earned me 8pts and 7pts respectively.

But at Rockingham I correctly predicted Tom Onslow Cole to finish 7th and Turks 6th. Which only gave me 4pts and 5pts respectively.

Which is why one aim is to emulate only four others on that score. CaptainVXR, SuperDave2008, COD and VIKI006. They are the only members to get 3 in sucession so far.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow - shot up to 16th overall after that!
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/