Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah, JB would be nice to have back... ditto dcr

but OMG! I finished less than a second behind piotrB!

and I beet my arch nemesis Real Ill! for the first time this year!

nice run Vuko snr

you're speedy wilson fan... where'd you come from? what's your back ground?

edit: ok, so it was a second and a half. whatever!
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i couldn't get anywhere on this track, couldn't find a decent setup.

If i had a decent setup and the car behaved itself, i could of been on the podium.

Maybe next time round..lets hope its not laguna seca..i dont like that track
    How do I print my voicemail?
    http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk - motorsport photos :)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    la gew na!

la gew na!

can you imagine the cork screw in pro-sim mode???
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm very happy with this Rd's results....beating Piotr B is always an achievement...interesting to note that Piotr said his paddle downshift gears were playing up...same thing happen to my GT wheel about 6 months ago...I have been using the stick shift ever since... makes me a little slower but I'm very used to the stick shift now.......because this Rd was so close & interesting I'm going to continue to use set up restrictions for the leaders...but I will do a variety of restrictions... next Rd I'm going to make it even harder for the leaders...it makes for close racing & the faster guys get a challenge...that wilson_fan is fast...where did he come from??
    WINNER: *V8 Supercar 2006,2007 *DTM 2006,Runner Up 2007 *BTCC 2006 *Clio 2006/7 *RoC 2006 *GT's 2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Vuko
    interesting to note that Piotr said his paddle downshift gears were playing up...same thing happen to my GT wheel about 6 months ago...I have been using the stick shift ever since... makes me a little slower but I'm very used to the stick shift now
    I completely solved this problem before my races. My wheel (Logitech Driving Force Pro) works perfectly now. Here's how to do it:

Quote Originally Posted by from Codemasters forum
    The cause of the double shifts is that the paddle shifter touches the edge of the switch on the circuit, which leads to double shifts.

What I did to solve the problem was to open up the wheel, and tape a thin, rigid, folded piece of tape over the circuit switch. This way when I press the paddle shifter, it touches the tape, and the pressure is applied evenly over the whole circuit switch, and not just on it's edge, thus eliminating any double shifts.

The problem is actually a very simple issue, and the insides of the dfp is actually very simple.
    So good job Peter. You beat me not because of my problems but because of your speed. My qualifying lap was awesome but I think that I was a bit too cautious in races. Anyway I can't wait for the next round !
    The racer69 TRD3 2007 DTM Champion
    http://www.trd3racing.surrealillusions.co.uk/dtm.php

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow! Second place in the first race!! I really enjoyed this round. I got the Holden handling really well. I did a 50.03 in qualifying for the race, which would have put me in front of Vuko. I like the idea of restrictions as it gives everyone a chance. As to my background Mr. Shell- I'm from Sydney, on the northern beaches, I love Holdens & I'm a keen supporter of Max Wilson- hence the name. I'm looking forward to the International tracks. I actually like Laguna Seca & Silverstone the best.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    where'd you learn how to drive man????

I got to daydreaming about that corkscrew in pro-sim mode so I drove Laguna Seca a bit. Was able to get below 1:20, which I'm hoping ain't bad.

my request? Zandoort. that's one of my favorite tracks in the world.

of course so is SPA, but we get to race on that all the time. Zandoort is more special. and the DTM series won't be there until the season finale'.

oh yeah, my set-up in the V8 series wouldn't save over to the international series, so I made a new set up from scratch and I love it... so I hope it's fast...

I would share it with you since some of your have shared your's with me, but I need all the help I can get and I haven't heard of someone using this exact set-up. imp:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny shell
    my request? Zandoort. that's one of my favorite tracks in the world.
    yep..another vote for Zandvoort...although not to that spelling of the word favourite
    How do I print my voicemail?
    http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk - motorsport photos :)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think my brain is wired to remember how to spell words like Zandvoort

Having a "v" come after an "and" followed by double "o" just seems quite strange to me.

There's some german tracks names I'll probably never be able to spell either.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What console or site do u guys play this game on?