Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Robertshaw Racing article

Just thought I would post this. It is an article from one of those free papers literally just dropped here not more than 10-15mins ago.

I don't know if anyone feels the same as I do but it is nice to see Robertshaw Racing is getting some local interest. I will therefore excuse the little error of calling the Lacettis the Lancettis.

Sorry it is so small. This is the largest I could get the pic since I had scanned it and saved it to my "BTCC" folder as a jpg. You may have to save it and use a zoom function on it.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is a transcript of the article incase it isn't possible to zoom in or you just cannot be arsed to pay attention to it. :

A South Tyneside racing team has made it's debut in one of the UK's leading motorsport championships.
    Boldon-based Robertshaw Racing headed to Brands Hatch in Kent at the weekend as the British Touring Car Championship got under way on Saturday & Sunday.
    The team, owned by Whitely Bay's Gary Robertshaw and managed by former Le Mans 24 hour commentator Joe Bradely, of Wearside, is running two identical blue Chevrolet Lancettis in the hard-fought championship.
    Drivers Matt Allison and Newcastle youngster Harry Vaulkhard a piloting the bright blue machines whilst Whitely Bay youngster Alan'Alonso'Taylor is driving his own Honda Integra Type-R under the team banner.
    The team, which has been running for a few years in lower formulas, first appeared on the BTCC grid with Alan toward the end of last season
    Spurred on by the excitement of running in the premier class of car racing in Britain, Joe and Gary hatched a plan to purchase the two Lancettis which has previously been used by the Chevrolet team in the World Touring Car Championship.
    After signing Harry, they began their search for another driver, and finally settled on Matt earlier this year.
    In Sundays season opener the team came home with their first points of the year after Matt scored an eighth place finish in the last of the day's three races.
    And a delighted Joe couldn't contain his excitement, "It's been great. It was definitely a fantastic start to our touring car chase," he told Chronicale Extra.
    "This team was only put together a few months ago to race in this championship, so to score points in our very first attempt is a fantastic achievement by everyone."
    The team are back in their Headquarters in Hutton Street, and will spend the next week preparing for the second round of the championship, which will be held at Rockingham, Northamptonshire in two weeks time.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks SEATFreak - it's alsways interesting to see some of the 'local' coverage!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No probs. Happy to share local coverage with you.