Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I also initially thought it was Plato's fault but before I said anymore I watched the replay a couple of times on Youtube. Plato went for a small gap, fair enough but a bit chancey, Shedden moved accross slightly, probably unaware that Plato had appeared so quickly and it was the slightest of movements to the left from Shedden that triggered it - definitely a racing incident.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Racing incident. If you looked at the move Giovanardi pulled on Jelley and Allison later in that race when he got the two of them at the same time at Surtees, then I think that was what Plato was trying to achieve, the gap just closed.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDObUWWNwAo

Its just a racing incident to me. The gap just closed ever so slightly and with the barrier being so close to the track, the impact was massive.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VkmSpouge
    I initially blamed Plato for the crash but having seen the replays you can see he moved left for a gap that was there but then Shedden moved left too and the two touched. I don't think it was anyone's fault.
    Pretty much exactly what I was going to post. JP has made some silly moves in the past and I will admit to having perhaps gone too far in my criticism of him but I reckon he's driven near-faultlessly for the last couple of seasons. Yesterday's shunt was a bad 'un - Onslow-Cole's crash was about the biggest I can remember in recent years, certainly without an injury - but the consequence of too many cars going for too little space. Racing incident.
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX_THRUST
    Appart from reconfiguring Graham Hill Bend I wouldn't get to excited, this is why the bend was changed, to improve overtaking.

Well, it was changed to make it a slower corner and I guess that allows for making an attempt to pass under braking, whereas prior to that it was essentially a corner that most could take flat.

The run from Graham Hill to Surtees provides for a lot of the biggest prangs at Brands. Remember Templeman in Clios a few years back!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It has been estimated that tom experienced 14g in the shunt, and yes we do build them like the proverbial brick toilet.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That was a massive shunt, no thanks to the Rubber Duck, But congrats definately go to 888 on that one.
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    FUNKS : thanks for the extra bit of info on the reconfiguration of Graham Hill bend.

Side by side through there is clearly slower than single file which JP was. Used your picture as my screen saver for this week. Cheers!!!!

I actually thought Turkingtons move last lap last race on Jackson was a little risky!!!
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Racing incident. Plato has caused some crashes in the past so people are always quick to blame him but this one wasn't his fault. Shedden moved across on to him at the same time that Jason twitched to avoid the grass.

Seems ironic to have this thread when it concerns Onslow-Cole. I tend to think the bloke is a liability, a lot like a younger Plato.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How is Onslow-Cole a liability after that? He was minding his own business when Shedden fired into him and into the wall, had a very clean race meeting and put Neal in his place in race 2, he will star at times this year, mark my words.