Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cant really remember how old I was but I had my first drink when i was about 10 I'd say, I had an awful flu at the time and was really feeling down so my father gave my a little bit of whiskey because he said it would warm me up and make me feel better. I liked it and felt really grown up becuse I was allowed drink some, so I asked for more and he gave me another small bit but refused to give me any more after that and insisted that I didnt tell my mother. Don't really drink at all now, never really aquired much of a taste for alchol, but coincidentally if I ever do I usually drink whiskey
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was probably about ten. My brother and I were allowed shandy on Sundays.
    My parents had a continental attitude to drinking and I was allowed to drink in the house occasionally from the age of fourteen. At sixteen I was allowed to drink whenever.
    It did pay off as I am not a binge drinker and have always known when to stop. It surprised me in first year uni how many people had never been drunk before and how much of a novelty it was for them.
    Speedqueens website is offline while I rehome it, but it will be back, and much bigger than before.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The first time I had alcohol would have been when I was about 16, at a party, when someone gave me some bourbon and cola. I thought it was foully sweet and tipped it out after about one mouthful.

The first time I had a proper drink would have been when I was 18, at the birthday party of a woman I'd known for six days. She gave me three glasses of champagne and I couldn't walk straight.

I don't drink much now, just on special occasions at parties.
    Give Leon a kick and tell him to get to work!

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Probably about 7? Who knows?
    My uncle use to own The Bloomfield, which on match days was stuffed to the rafters but during the week was as empty as the pint jars hanging above the bar.

I will admit to having a particularly nasty afternoon once at about age 14 when 3 mates and I emptied a bottle of scotch and forgot how to get home despite the fact that all we had to do was follow the tram tracks.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    15 years old (freshman in high school) at a drumline party. Rum. I don't drink anymore for various reasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    17 and still waiting...i've had small amounts of bottled beer, hated it, probably first was when i was 14....encouraged by parents....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You've got me wracking my brains about this Carl!

Can't remember, but guess it was when I was about 15 or 16 and started going to the village pub with friends. Although I honestly don't recall ever having a drunken session, probably because somebody gave me whiskey about that time and it made me instantly sick Never got rolling blathered until I was in my twenties :
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    2nd day at uni - 18 years and 4 months.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Probably drank a beer when I was in my 1st year of college....aged 17 or perhaps a year before on new years eve as well I think. Didn't like it at all although my friends in college drank regularly I never did and also decided not to spend my parents' hard earned money on alcohol....Started drinking "properly" only when I got a job (22 yrs old) and actually now I absolutely love beer!
    Tito Vilanova = :champion: