Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    The garage change might not too much give LH effect. During domination of Ferrari many teams had dream about their garage to be the next to Ferrari's. Team and drivers get motivated from the way crew speedy handling the job.

If this can be categorized as disadvantage, they must walk trough all teams' garage before entering theirs, this means there should be more traffic, especially when all teams decided to enter pit lane during SC deployed.
    Once LH comes to the pit behind Massa or Jr, they could possibly drive the car slower to hold him off.
    Isaid this back when it was understood that McLaren was to have what at that time people seemed to be in agreement about the rule or spirit there of. I think it could be a huge advantage if the team at the end of the pit brought in their driver that is in lets say p10 on the same lap that the driver in p1 pits in pit position one. The crew in the last pit position can put in the optimum amout of fuel without letting the car in pit position one get out ahead of him. Thus being able to keep that car behind him epecially if he short filled untill his teamate on a different fuel strategy makes hay on a clear track. Not likely to happen every race. But I think that having the closest competitors near each other make for a more level playing field! To say nothing of the fact that neither team would be inclined to bend the rules because you have each other at arms length!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It could also be like that. As I said it is possible to happen under SC. The formation may change. Those at the end of pit can make adjustment when the driver have to get out.

In normal race this strategy is not easy and have its risk. Supposing those in pit1 spent 8 sec, those in pit10 must left behind, say +3. So he can get out ahead only if the crew spent 4 sec. There aren't too much the crew can do with only 4 sec. They can't fuel up the car or change any tires.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    It was the FOM to decide it. And the Fom is Bernie, not Max! So, wrong feelings!

If you say so, it's just that the ones related to F1 are not!
    As I said, my gut feelings are usually right :

It was said on ITV coverage that a strong but unconfirmed rumour was that it was Max's decision. Obviously, he's not around to confirm it in person.

Perhaps recent events explain why Max is so detirmined to "punish" McLaren. He almost seems to take a perverse pleasure in perpetuating the ordeal. (unconfirmed)

This will come out in the end

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on

It was said on ITV coverage that a strong but unconfirmed rumour was that it was Max's decision. Obviously, he's not around to confirm it in person.

Perhaps recent events explain why Max is so detirmined to "punish" McLaren. He almost seems to take a perverse pleasure in perpetuating the ordeal. (unconfirmed)

McLaren were assigned the last pit boxes already before the Mosley affair started! So it is no personal vendetta, only your gut feelings!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on

Please tell me where McLeran should be if not at the "last place teams" put stalls? What magical formula dictates a 5th place pit stall?!?!

I really don't give a FRAK if your gut tells you it was Mosleys dicision or not, IT IS THE RIGHT ONE...

I too think that Mosley f'd up last years stepney gate scandal. I'll say it again, FIA should of handed a monetary fine for just possesing another teams property, and when it came to light that documentation was the cause for the "movebale floors" fiasco, and the attempt to imitate Ferrari gasses, Macleran should have been shown the door for 2 years (Maybe give Mercedes the option to come back san Dennis, if the Macleran nameplate stayed home for the 2 years...)

Mac fans should be very carefull wishing for Mosley's demise... his replacement could be like me!
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSfan
    Please tell me where McLeran should be if not at the "last place teams" put stalls? What magical formula dictates a 5th place pit stall?!?!

I really don't give a FRAK if your gut tells you it was Mosleys dicision or not, IT IS THE RIGHT ONE...

I too think that Mosley f'd up last years stepney gate scandal. I'll say it again, FIA should of handed a monetary fine for just possesing another teams property, and when it came to light that documentation was the cause for the "movebale floors" fiasco, and the attempt to imitate Ferrari gasses, Macleran should have been shown the door for 2 years (Maybe give Mercedes the option to come back san Dennis, if the Macleran nameplate stayed home for the 2 years...)

Mac fans should be very carefull wishing for Mosley's demise... his replacement could be like me!
    Someone like Jean Todt will certainly make McLaren fans happy!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Someone like Jean Todt will certainly make McLaren fans happy!
    Can't be any worse than it is now, can it?

Whoever takes over, needs to have a skeleton free wardrobe....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Just read the F1 blog on www.timesonline.co.uk (yeah, I know, who owns the paper?).

But there are two very interesting articles on there.

One involves a conversation that Bernie had with Max, while Bernie was with Crown Prince of Bahrain, which might have been overheard...

Second is the mystery complainants in the McLaren garage saga...

I'll let y'all read it and make up your own minds.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Just read the F1 blog on www.timesonline.co.uk (yeah, I know, who owns the paper?).

But there are two very interesting articles on there.

One involves a conversation that Bernie had with Max, while Bernie was with Crown Prince of Bahrain, which might have been overheard...

Second is the mystery complainants in the McLaren garage saga...

I'll let y'all read it and make up your own minds.

Um, for the first time I have tried to leave a comment on a "real" blog...

Quote Originally Posted by psfan on times f1 blog
    Hey Ed, do you write a F1 blog, or a gossip column?!? "I'm in Bahrain for a motor race. I'd almost forgotten about that bit - you know, cars, tyres, race strategies, drivers." I'll give you a little hint why you might have forgotten about all those f1 related subjects... Because you are far more interested in non-formula 1 concerns... Go write an article on whether Britney Spears is still wearing panties... seems that is more up your alley then covering a sport...
    Wonder if it will be shown...

As to his Blog concerning Macs pit spot... I still don't care how, who, or why MacLeran was moved out of pit #5... It was the right move. And Unless Bernie and other powers that be where feeding us pure crap at Australia, this move happened a race to late!!!
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSfan

For the hard of understanding, I will explain my position again

I do not dispute that McLaren should be at the end of the Garage. If that is the ruling, that is the ruling.

What I think is unfair is this continual disruption of McLarens preperations this season. You plan all your races and what equipment you need to take months in advance and to turn round a few days before the meeting and announce you have gone from 3 to 2 garages is not fair.

Hopefully, the FIA have finished messing about with McLarens season and Max has other things to concentrate on rather than his continuing vendetta with Ron. The whole affair is distasteful and should now be finished.

As for Max's replacement at the FIA, let us just pray for the good of the sport that someone of your calibre is not considered