Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Team 48 withdraw from Brands Hatch

Sadly Team 48 have had to pull out from Brands as they have been unable to get everything prepared in time. They plan be at the second round Rockingham with both cars and this will give them more time to prepare.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is a shame though perhaps not a surprise. In the Autosport article it said

Quote Originally Posted by Autosport.com
    The team has blamed delays over the build of their second Alfa Romeo 156, which only arrived from A-Tech last week, after taking the decision on Wednesday afternoon.
    That seems to imply the first Alfa is ready. Why not race just the one car and gain crucial experience? Of course maybe what the article implies is wrong.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    i got the impression from the media day reports that Brands was never a certainty anyway, i hope they get everything sorted in time for Rockingham
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It wasn't a certainty but every effort was made to get the cars ready to race but sadly things just couldn't be sorted in time. It was only finally decided this morning that they wouldn't be able to compete.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am sure they would rather get two cars built, tested and sort out all the rest of the garage, pits, hospitality etc and appear en masse at Rockingham rather than scrap for Brands Hatch
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc W
    Sadly Team 48 have had to pull out from Brands as they have been unable to get everything prepared in time. They plan be at the second round Rockingham with both cars and this will give them more time to prepare.
    D'oh
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les
    I am sure they would rather get two cars built, tested and sort out all the rest of the garage, pits, hospitality etc and appear en masse at Rockingham rather than scrap for Brands Hatch
    Exactly. you put that so much better than I did!