Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Shall we formalize that into a friendly wager? I got a six pack of some good brew that says he won't outpace them. How should we measure the result? Best lap time in a race? Finish position in a race? Positions improved in a race?

Gary
    Ed finished fifth. I'd better do a little friendly gloating while I can as Ed may not do as well next week.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowndeco
    Ed finished fifth. I'd better do a little friendly gloating while I can as Ed may not do as well next week.

It's a long season, my friend. And I will readily admit that you may get a few more occasions to gloat. But I still think I'll be enjoying that Stoudt's Double IPA come season end.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ed is much better than you give him credit for. He'll outpace 90% of the former CC drivers this season.
    Shall we formalize that into a friendly wager? I got a six pack of some good brew that says he won't outpace them. How should we measure the result? Best lap time in a race? Finish position in a race? Positions improved in a race?
    Points position at the end of the season.
    Hmmmm, me thinks someone doth owe me a six pack of some good brew.

From the link below it would appear that three former CC drivers, Oriol, Justin and Will out scored Ed. Those three certainly count as more than the requsite 90% in our little wager, no? <big ol' grin>

http://www.indycar.com/stats/points.php

Gary

P.S. See the message immediately preceeding this one for my brew of choice.
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

From the link below it would appear that three former CC drivers, Oriol, Justin and Will out scored Ed. Those three certainly count as more than the requsite 90% in our little wager, no? <big ol' grin>

Gary

Well played good sir.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gary

I received the following private message which downtowndeco agreed to let me share here:

Congratulations. My guy was doing OK until the last race. He was running 4th or 5th & then a part broke, he crashed & finished last. That's racing. : ).

If you have a paypal account I'll send you $10.00 or a crisp $10.00 bill if you provide your po box or address. Cheers!
    To which I replied:

No need for that. Twas a friendly wager and as it remained such to the very end, I'll be satisfied with just the "bragin' rights". If you don't mind, I'll post your reply and this one to the thread and we'll call it even. Ok? I'll buy the six pack of Stoudts Double IPA and think of you as I drink it.
    So, I get the "braggin' rights", such as they are in a bet like this. And downtowndeco and I have each done our little bit to tear down anther bit of the wall between the "two sides" in the old split.

Gary

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So, I get the "braggin' rights", such as they are in a bet like this. And downtowndeco and I have each done our little bit to tear down anther bit of the wall between the "two sides" in the old split.

Gary
    I'm glad you didn't collect on that bet Gary. It says something about you.
    Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/