Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    The WDC championship was lost by a bad pit entrance in chnina and a gaff by LH in Brazil.
    It was lost by one point by both ddrivers. You can do the math who would have one with one preferred driver and logic says that this should be the champion.
    Still, this topic is obviously controversial and will be way O/T, so I am sorry to bring it back.
    Formula 1

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I don't think so. He was beaten in all three segments of qualifying and the fuel difference is only in Q3. In the race he was hillarious.
    in Q1 NP was 0,062 seconds behind, in Q2 he was 0,090 seconds behind. These are very small amounts.
    I posted a quote from Automoto365 above.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    They were small amounts, but still he was behind them. He was close , but this was the track on which he has best knowledge. Lets wait a few more races because judge whether Nelson is as fast as Fred or not.
    Formula 1

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    They were small amounts, but still he was behind them. He was close , but this was the track on which he has best knowledge. Lets wait a few more races because judge whether Nelson is as fast as Fred or not.
    Piquet has done 3 races in his career so far and is clearly a nr.2 at Renault.

To expect him to be as fast as Alonso there is not a realistic goal, Flavio will make sure of that.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    And in my opinion this will be a right thing to do. But I don't think that the gap in Melbourne is because of status. BTW, I was the one who defended Nelson when all were saying that he is crap, but now I also am cautious when he immediately is compared to Fred.
    Formula 1

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    For NP, and Fred to each have good seasons, is not a mutually exclusive proposition. I have not heard a peep out of their camp implying there is any discord. I hope NP does challenge Fred for domination of that team. It will suggest to me that they have a couple pretty d@mn good pilots! Talk to me after Fred starts whining. Until then I suggest the haters keep their pie holes shut, as there has been zero dissonance on that team!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Piquet Jr proved to be a qualifying ace already in GP2, so no surprise he can create some headaches to Alonso over one lap. Another question is, how can he match FA over a race distance. So far he has been struggling to do that.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Piquet Jr proved to be a qualifying ace already in GP2, so no surprise he can create some headaches to Alonso over one lap. Another question is, how can he match FA over a race distance. So far he has been struggling to do that.

That has been Alonso's strength as well as that of the top 4 drivers, pulling out fast times, lap after lap is what seprates the top4 drivers ( KR, LH, Massa and Alonso) from the others. Even Kubica has shown that he struggles at times keeping pace with the KR, FM and LH. I know that the cars are better, but the BMW isn't too far back at all IMO. Heikke doesn't rank up there either. I like him, but he also tends to fall back slightly over the race distance. Alonso showed that with the right set up and lower fuel levels, he can push the Renault to match the Ferrari's and McClaren's in relative pace.

Piquet hasn't shown that at all, but tobe fair hasn't had the opportunity to run in clear tracks or show his true stuff. But given his small windows of opportunities, he hans't impressed me so far. I think he has talent and pace, but I'm not sure he's got the race pace to match those guys.

Let's hope he get's there. For many drivers, the learning curve to driving an F1 car is much steeper than they thought. It is about confidence and pushing the car lap after lap as well as getting it right with a less forgiving instrument.
    you can't argue with results.