Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DOTD

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DOTD

According to ITV (Brundle- http://www.itv-f1.com/Home.aspx) the DOTD was LH. I mean did we watch the same race? So, let me see:

Kimi: no one mistake - pole, fastest lap, victory= according to ITV not good enough.

Button: 6th place - passed 6 cars on the track- not to mention brought the Honda back to the garage

Fisichella did a pretty good job fending off - for as long as possible Heidfield attacks

And then Lewis: cut off Kovi at the start of the race, passed Kubica and then what?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its ITV, who else are they going to nominate for driver of the day? Hamilton could have had an electrical problem in pit lane and not even make the grid, yet they will still nominate him for drive of the day.
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millencolin
    Its ITV, who else are they going to nominate for driver of the day? Hamilton could have had an electrical problem in pit lane and not even make the grid, yet they will still nominate him for drive of the day.
    It's also interesting to see how many of their own vievers actually complained about it. I mean what are they thinking? That they are the only ones who know something about F1? Good thing that they lost the F1 coverage to BBC.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    I think for Hamilton fans he was the "breathe a sigh of relief" driver of the race! Back to good form.
    No mistakes. But he only had the third best race
    May the forza be with you

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    According to ITV (Brundle- http://www.itv-f1.com/Home.aspx) the DOTD was LH. I mean did we watch the same race? So, let me see:

Kimi: no one mistake - pole, fastest lap, victory= according to ITV not good enough.

Button: 6th place - passed 6 cars on the track- not to mention brought the Honda back to the garage

Fisichella did a pretty good job fending off - for as long as possible Heidfield attacks

And then Lewis: cut off Kovi at the start of the race, passed Kubica and then what?
    Actually, during the race, Martin reckoned that the lap of the race was some mysterious lap by bunsen - I did mention that in our chat last night during the race.

I think Martin has caught some bug from James Allen and has dihrohea of the mouth.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    It's also interesting to see how many of their own vievers actually complained about it. I mean what are they thinking? That they are the only ones who know something about F1? Good thing that they lost the F1 coverage to BBC.

Well, they were always going to nominate a Pom - you didn't think they were going to nominate an Aussi, did you? :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Actually, during the race, Martin reckoned that the lap of the race was some mysterious lap by bunsen - I did mention that in our chat last night during the race.

I think Martin has caught some bug from James Allen and has dihrohea of the mouth.
    Just what I thought

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Despite possible lapses in judgment, Martin Brundle is still "the" class act when commentating on F1 races here in Canada. It has been announced that TSN will not carry the ITV feed next year, and I, for one, am going to sorely miss Martin's commentary.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winer
    Despite possible lapses in judgment, Martin Brundle is still "the" class act when commentating on F1 races here in Canada. It has been announced that TSN will not carry the ITV feed next year, and I, for one, am going to sorely miss Martin's commentary.
    Once you use the Pommy filter to eliminate his nationalistic rambling stuff, he's OK. Certainly a helluva lot better than the guff that James Allen comes out with. The thing is, I frequent pino's chat forum during the races, and we manage to have a lot of fun, and just ignore the Pommy guff.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Windsor got the windbag of the day award. "Alonso is average in a great car"