Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helstar
    And don't forget to have some tyres experts with you so they can cut them if needed

Ps. Your last post is good Daniel, but I was obviously ironic. I know the problem is mainly the WRC cars. Look at what Gigi has became. Almost 100% less sideway (he must do the "job" now...).
    Of course. But I just wanted to make my point

It is a pity that guys like Gigi who are I will admit are interesting to watch have to tone themselves down to get decent stagetimes. The formula used in the WRC should reward a certain level of sideways driving but it just doesn't. But as we all know this is a function of the cars. The cars have been perfected to the point where they just have too much grip for the amount of power and you get the relatively boring (when compared to the way group A used to be) driving we have today. It's still great and a newcomer would probably think it's the best but when you have seen all those great drivers driving sideways and being fast there just seems to be missing. Bring back sideways. But only if that's the quickest way to get through the stage

The sad thing is that you can't stop teams using weather crews. At the end of the day weather crews aren't all that expensive over a season when you compare them with the expensive transmission systems the cars use. I think what should happen is that a good weather service should be provided to the manufacturers and also privateers at a cost to the manufacturers by the rally organisers. Provide a good enough service at a decent price and the incentive to spend lots of money on a weather crew will be gone and all teams will have access to the same information and would be able to choose what cuts to give their tyres based on the same advice all the others have.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Helstar if you like sideways you'll like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K9UV...eature=related
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    It’s getting a bit heated in here; blimey it’s getting like the F1 forum. I’d say we’re all Rallyfans on here. I think we’d all agree that the WRC is not what it was, and the sideways issue is something else to complain about. Let’s be honest, the WRC is coming to a crossroads, is the S2000 going to be the solution to all it’s problems, I mean was Argentina a good advert for the sport? In 1994 the winning margin was a handful of seconds, this year the top 4 were separated by 20+ minutes. I could go on but won’t,..

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N
    If you want to see sideways action, go to a drifting event!
    If you want to see the fastest driver, go to a rally.
    Wrong! mokin:

If you want see the fastest driver, go to circuit racing!!!
    If you want see fast and sideways. go to rallycross !!!
    And if possible go to see real rally on gravel roads, There you can see everything about which it goes on this forum! I mean on the rallythread's.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Helstar if you like sideways you'll like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K9UV...eature=related
    Toy car, many errors but very funny ye (I wonder why the co-driver was outside the car when he rolled last time ?!).

The sticker "NO FEAR" explains it all, a man with a mission he is like Errani with the Skoda Octavia lol