Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well i do know that the 94,95,96 volvo 850's and the 97,98 volvo s40's driven by rickard rydell are in the volvo museum in sweden and the 99 lagunas were up for sale on a racing car site i was on not that long ago racecarsdirect.com plus some others on on there as well some mondeos and vectras,accords alot ar used in the formula saloon championships ive been to watch it at oulton park,croft,silverstone and cadwell park most of the cars still have there btcc liverys but with different sponsers on
    Following Plato Btcc, Hamilton F1 and Earnhart Jr & Patrick Nascar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thinking back to the days of the ford sierra RS 500 does any one know what happened to Karl jones who drove the duckhams car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cheers. I do know a guy who owns the 98 Peter Kox Honda Accord, I'll try and get a picture on the forum as soon as I get one.....
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Going back to David Leslie, as well as commentary he still races too. He won the first Britcar race of the season yesterday in a BMW along with Harry Handkammer. There'll be some photos of the event on my Flickr account shortly.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would like to know what Colin Gallie is doing. He drove that BMW 320i for Team DCRS in 1997 (did quite well too in the Independents' Cup, being in contention for the title up to the last round). I read reports in Autosport at the time that he wanted to race in the BTCC in 1998 and 1999 but obviously never did.
    Also what about Jamie Wall and Jan Brunstedt? Wall raced in 1997 with a Mint Motorsport Vauxhall Cavalier and Brunstedt did a round at Donington Park in his Opel Vectra in the same year.

There is a reason why I seem to be keen on finding out about the 1997 independents is because for a school project I did a BTCC board game with a counter for each of the teams entered that year. I hadn't realised at the time that Ian Heward and Jan Brunstedt had been around until a couple of days before completion, so I had to quickly create a couple of counters for them too. I should still have that board game somewhere.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I always wondered about Jamie Wall, and how about Richard Kaye?
    Mat Jackson - 2011 BTCC Champion ;)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last I heard, Richard Kaye was driving in FIA GT and last year he did a race in a BMW 320si for Engstler Motorsport
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Top topic!

Patrick Watts was running a storage company or something? His own business. Can anyone shed any light on that?

Simoni was a racing instructor in Italy somewhere if my memory's right. Can't remember which circuit.

I thiiiiiink Chris Goodwin is a McLaren road car tester type guy.

Anyone know anything about Nigel Smith? Robb Gravett? Harry Nuttall? Bobby Verdon-Roe? (GT's still?) Alex Portman? Andy Middlehurst? Laurence Bristow?

I probably should google but i'd spend hours researching when I bet some knowledgeable people know the answers!

I was watching the 1992 race from Knockhill the other week and it was so sad thinking that 3 of the grid are no longer with us now It's a shame also that some of these names are 'where are they now?' because Luby, Watts, Sugden, Goodwin, Burt and others had the talent, I think, to go much further given the right machinery. That's a whole other topic though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rob Gravett has a race and advanced driving instruction company.

Here's the website, although it's currently under going maintenence;

http://www.ultimatecarcontrol.com/