Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Kalkhoven injured in ski accident

Robin Miller’s Open-Wheel Notebook:

Kevin Kalkhoven missed the opening race of the series he helped put together because he’s in a Colorado hospital recovering from a nasty fall on the ski slopes.

The co-owner of Champ Car whose two-car KV Racing entry finished 12th (Oriol Servia) and 25th (Will Power) at Homestead last Saturday night, suffered four broken ribs, a punctured lung and a concussion after taking a tumble in Aspen.
    “Kevin is an excellent skier, he’s been doing it for 35 years, and this is the second nasty fall he’s had in the last couple years,” said Dick Eidswick, the former president of Champ Car and a life-long friend of Kalkhoven’s who was skiing with the 63-year-old Aussie.

“He’s hurting pretty good right now but he should be back for Long Beach.”

I've recently picked up on a show that I really enjoy. So with this ironc turn of events, I have to wonder if there's a guy named Crabman sleeping with Kalkhoven's wife... and at what point is the Kevster going to begin working on his "list".
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And people wonder why I stay away from the slopes at Chestnut and Sundown. I hope he makes a quick and full recovery.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Get well KK.....

Hope to see you at Long Beach.....
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever