Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is great news, MW coming back would be the icing on the cake!!

Wouldn't mind this back either:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i8gB8-9sQGc
    Senna & Rossi, everytime.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    GO GO GO GO GO!!!!! Ben Edwards would be my choice , but James Allen would then be doing touring cars...as long as they get rid of Ted. Mr Arrogant rude git!!!!

No Adverts how good would that be.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Now we need to persuade the BBC to take on the BTCC and support races and get rid of Setanta!!

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_LIBERATOR
    This is great news, MW coming back would be the icing on the cake!!

Wouldn't mind this back either:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i8gB8-9sQGc
    Spot on about the theme tune that would be brilliant to have that back.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Excellent news. They have to bring back The Chain, and they should keep Brundle, but I would imagine that they will try and put in a new main commentator. As for who it should be, I don't feel it ought to be Murray Walker. As brilliant as he was/is, he won't be around for ever and new people need to be given a chance some time. Maybe the BBC will use David Croft from 5 Live, or move Charlie Cox over from Moto GP, or indeed hire Ben Edwards. Those, in my eyes, would seem to be the three obvious candidates.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Steve Rider doesn't just do F1 so I can't see him making the change. as long as they retain Martin and Louise their on a winner.

Plus........NO MORE ADVERTS!!!!!!!!!
    I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomski
    Steve Rider doesn't just do F1 so I can't see him making the change. as long as they retain Martin and Louise their on a winner.

Plus........NO MORE ADVERTS!!!!!!!!!
    That was one of the main reasons he moved to ITV, I think he's lost the plot since he moved though. All the fawning over Button/ now Hamilton is cringeworthy.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomski
    It was the reason he moved across. He only started doing football for them when they realised that their presentation team at the 2006 World Cup was too weak.

As for ITV's Hamilton fixation, I don't think this is down to Rider, who I still think is the best sports presenter out there. Like it or not, Hamilton is a valuable commercial commodity to any British publication or broadcaster covering F1.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    if they could get Murray Walker back alongside Martin Brundle, that would just be perfect.
    F1 Pickems Champion 2006, 2009
    FGP Champion 2012

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Beaten to starting the thread by one minute! :

I'm delighted - no more ad breaks and definately no more bloody "Can I Play with Madness?"

My personal wish-list, which I've posted on the BBC's Sport Editor's blog, looks like this:

1) All practice sessions to be shown. I accept that these don't have mass appeal so could be "relegated" to an interactive stream.

2) All qualifying sessions and races to be shown live, no matter what unsociable hour they take place or what soap operas they might clash with.

3) A sensible contingency plan in place every session for over-runs. If they means switching to an interactive stream or BBC Three (for example) then so be it, but please don't rush off the moment the winner has crossed the line.

4) HD. I don't need to expand on that!

5) Don't listen to those clamouring for a return of Murray Walker. If he genuinely wants to come back then I'll be the first in the queue to welcome him, I genuinely miss him; but respect his reasons for retirement. Of course, there's always the possibility of him presenting special features once in a while.

6) The Chain. You know it makes sense! I guarantee that if you listen to it even now, on a damp Thursday morning, it'll make the hairs on your neck stand up.

7) Give F1 it's own dedicated show. Don't just lump it in with whatever the 2009 equivalent of "Grandstand" will be and cut away every few minutes for the cricket scores. That's acceptable on Five Live, but not on TV.

8) Don't be afraid of carrying over some of ITV's personnel should contracts allow. On balance they get more right then they do wrong, and they've built up some invaluable contacts over the last decade. If it ain't broke...

9) Lastly, don't just fixate on Lewis Hamilton. Hopefully he'll be world champion by the time your contract begins (and deservedly so in my opinion) but please remember that every one of the drivers on that grid are exceptional sportsmen who deserve their fair share of airtime.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u