Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    ""CMS Motorsport is planning a move into the BTCC this season with a pair of SEAT Toledos.....Team boss Malcolm Cleland said: "We'll try to get the touring car team running in the background but we won't buy the cars until we have good quality drivers on board. It's getting quite late in the game but we're not going to do BTCC unless we can do it properly."

I read elsewhere that things may have progressed now and that the team are close to announcing their full plans.
    I won't hold my breath but I hope CMS do enter.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i second that, would be good to see the toledos out there, the article does say 'planning, trying etc ' rather than definitley entering at brands

team 48 does have some of the team members from the team that ran mark smith but its a new team so doesn't necesserily follow that the mark smith car is in their ownership
    No, he didn\'t slam into you, he didn\'t bump you, he didn\'t nudge you...he RUBBED you. And rubbin, son, is racin\'.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ""CMS Motorsport is planning a move into the BTCC this season with a pair of SEAT Toledos.....Team boss Malcolm Cleland said: "We'll try to get the touring car team running in the background but we won't buy the cars until we have good quality drivers on board. It's getting quite late in the game but we're not going to do BTCC unless we can do it properly."

I read elsewhere that things may have progressed now and that the team are close to announcing their full plans.
    At what point of the story does it say they 'CMS Motorsport are intending to enter the two ex-Motorbase Toldeos from the first round.'?
    As the cars are still at Motorbase. they are cutting it a bit fine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I read that article as we haven't got any drivers, we haven't got any cars but if someone was to bring a pot of money we would be in touring cars like a shot....

I could think of 20 other teams who would do exactly the same
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    FYI, Touringcartimes.com could be worth a look in the next 24 hours (ish)

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Will that be confirmation of the full driver line-up tdb? Can't wait! Speculation has it that it's Tommy Erdos and Mark Jones, which would be a strong line-up.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc W
    Another 6 cars added to the 27 would take the entry to 33 cars one over the maximum of 32. Whoever turns up last could be disapointed.
    Surely if 33 or 36 or whatever cars turned up, they qualify them all and the slowest would miss out?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racer69
    Surely if 33 or 36 or whatever cars turned up, they qualify them all and the slowest would miss out?
    doubt that I would pay my entry earlier, turn up, set up all the garage, hospitality unit, invite my sponsors etc, qualify for 15 mins and then go home.... last one in misses out regardless of how good he is.
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les
    doubt that I would pay my entry earlier, turn up, set up all the garage, hospitality unit, invite my sponsors etc, qualify for 15 mins and then go home.... last one in misses out regardless of how good he is.
    Why? All drivers and teams think they are the dogs bollocks! They wouldn't be thinking 'hmm, well, maybe we're not good enough' because thy just don't have that mindset. So yeah, I can see 33 teams turning up and someone going away disappointed. It seems to work (almost) like this in NASCAR.
    If its got breasts or an engine, its gonna cost you...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdb
    FYI, Touringcartimes.com could be worth a look in the next 24 hours (ish)
    http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=2064
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')