Thread: Team 48

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Team 48

Now I dont know where this team (or its drivers) came from or how they were at the test with the not seeming to have confirmed on any websites that they existed.

I need help to find out who they are - can you help me?????
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DW Racing is go! http://www.dwracinguk.co.uk for all the latest news!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    At least it seems they're not one of these fictional teams with a shoddy website which claim they will turn up for 3 years on the trott but never materialise from Internet Forums..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have an interest in similar stories so when I found the sites to be low on the history behind the team (which I wouldn't mind seeing as it surely can only aid a growth in knowledge on this important event), I found it to be a little dissapointing.

The SS Windrush did indeed take the first migrant workers from Jamaica to England (docking in Tilbury in Essex) but it had began it's voyage from Australia before docking in Kingston. An ad had been placed in a Jamaican paper offering a cheap passage to England to work. A total of 492 (mainly ex servicemen who had served with us in WW2), 300 below deck and 192 above deck, had paid £28 10 shillings to travel on the ship for a month to England. It left Jamaica on May 24th 1948 and docked in Essex on June 22. Though they recieved a cool reception, 202 of them, who had stayed at Clapham South shelter, had found work immediately. The NHS a major source of employment. But the biggest was Lodon Transport.

The Alfa wouldn't be my personal choice but they are not exactly flush with cash so the Alfa was no doubt one of a few options; if any.

I have my fingers crossed that they do well.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy king
    At least it seems they're not one of these fictional teams with a shoddy website which claim they will turn up for 3 years on the trott but never materialise from Internet Forums..
    Its not that shoddy anymore :P

http://www.team-cvr.co.uk/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    The Alfa wouldn't be my personal choice but they are not exactly flush with cash so the Alfa was no doubt one of a few options; if any.
    Despite their reputation, S2000 2007-spec Alfas won't come cheap. Remember the 3 footballers involved in the project as well. Although nobody seems to know what their backing involves, whether it's financial or just as a figurehead to generate publicity and sponsorship.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamM
    Its not that shoddy anymore :P

http://www.team-cvr.co.uk/
    Only when i see their team on the grid will i beleive it, snazzy website or not
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)