Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    I just read a perceptive quote about Lewis From Webber...

"He's young and he's black, which makes him unique in this sport, but that's got a shelf life. He won't stop being black but it will stop being a novelty"

Can't imagine any other driver speaking his mind so bluntly!
    I thought he was talking about Obama.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    I thought he was talking about Obama.
    That’s the last time I read one of your posts while I'm eating!
    You are certifiable!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Yes I can if you put the comment back into it's original context!
    I just think it is damn insightful. That is what is impressive about Mark in regard to this statement
    HE"S JUST TELLING IT LIKE IT IS!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "His career has gone off like a rocket ship but it won't always be like that," Webber told The Independent newspaper.
    "He's young and he's black which makes him unique in this sport, but that's got a shelf life.
    "He won't stop being black but it will stop being a novelty.
    "And he'll find that some of the column inches, maybe even this season, are totally negative and totally incorrect.
    "That's not easy to deal with."
    According to Webber, only the British are obsessed with Hamilton and comparisons with seven-times world champion Michael Schumacher are more than a little premature.
    "Look, he's talented, we all know that," he said.
    "But he's been in the sport for five minutes. People compare him with Schumacher. There is no comparison.
    "When he wins the championship, then he's got six more to win before he can be compared to Schumacher.

"Yeah, he had a great first year. It was extraordinary what he did. But great sports stars are measured by their longevity. Pele, Steffi Graf, whoever."
    Well said, Mark! And this comes from a driver who has said many things I don't agree with, but he is spot-on this time.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Let’s believe Ron Dennis word ones more..
    Let’s believe what they are saying .. that McLaren have and use an equally treatment and status for their drivers.. that they don’t use Ferrari technology in their cars.. Why not.. I believe that they are speaking tell the truth this time..

Sure, the most things in the team speaks for Lewis – however what speaks to Heikki is that last year Ron Dennis made couple of mistakes, as every one (englishmen too) knows, I don't think he can do the same stupidities again. However it’s hard to believe. That should be “just too much” even for McLaren fans (I think).
    Also Heikki’s season start in his new team, which was very good, much better than however I was waiting of him, speaks for him - therefore I think it’s reasonable to wait hard fight between Lewis and him even in the future. Let’s hope for that .. I think Heikki can even beat Lewis a couple of races, that good he looks today.. that will say - if Ron Dennis use it equally treatment and status between his drivers as he is all the time is speaking about. If not … then McLaren sucks..
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    He won't stop being black
    They said that about Michael Jackson
    http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveA

That was until he walked on the moon. Then he went looney and took all sorts of stuff to make himself look really weird. Now he is a piebald.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well, ill just throw in my two cents.. im nowhere near a hamilton fan. i quite like kovalainen but im not a fan of his either. but i hope to god he puts hamilton back in his place today. kovy strikes me as much more level headed, and i believe he is every bit as talented and quick as hamilton. i, for one, really hope kovy emerges as the better of the two at mclaren.
    I didn't know chickens were capable of being vicious.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I just read a perceptive quote about Lewis From Webber...

"He's young and he's black, which makes him unique in this sport, but that's got a shelf life. He won't stop being black but it will stop being a novelty"

Can't imagine any other driver speaking his mind so bluntly!
    I don't often agree with him, but he's right on it this time!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveA

Good one!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jas123f1
    Let’s believe Ron Dennis word ones more..
    Let’s believe what they are saying .. that McLaren have and use an equally treatment and status for their drivers.. that they don’t use Ferrari technology in their cars.. Why not.. I believe that they are speaking tell the truth this time..

Sure, the most things in the team speaks for Lewis – however what speaks to Heikki is that last year Ron Dennis made couple of mistakes, as every one (englishmen too) knows, I don't think he can do the same stupidities again. However it’s hard to believe. That should be “just too much” even for McLaren fans (I think).
    Also Heikki’s season start in his new team, which was very good, much better than however I was waiting of him, speaks for him - therefore I think it’s reasonable to wait hard fight between Lewis and him even in the future. Let’s hope for that .. I think Heikki can even beat Lewis a couple of races, that good he looks today.. that will say - if Ron Dennis use it equally treatment and status between his drivers as he is all the time is speaking about. If not … then McLaren sucks..
    Jas I think you summed it up very well!
    The subtle humor, Priceless!
    May the forza be with you