Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by !!WALDO!!
    Yes but from a different perspective. The perspective of the "underfunded guy". That can help with the realities of the sport, funding and low buck efforts.

Rahal got Major Domo mad when he said "CART will bury F-1" so you do not need a "lightning rod" hanging around Open Wheel.

Good response. <Exhaling>
    Thank you for the response. You just cannot admit you were wrong and then you have add all these "qualifiers" like 'underfunded' that were never part of teh original question. You have agreat career ahead in politics.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone remember who the CART CEO was that found Andrew Craig?

That's right I can't ask trivia questions...

DALE COYNE
    The answer to your question is Yes.
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    Thank you for the response. You just cannot admit you were wrong and then you have add all these "qualifiers" like 'underfunded' that were never part of teh original question. You have agreat career ahead in politics.
    I just gave you reasons why Dale would be better than Bobby. We were talking about Dale Coyne and being the poorest team owner he was CEO and helped expand CART. Rahal walked into a firestorm of Honda and Toyota pulling out and unable to put out the fire.

So I was wrong in your eyes. I will have my girl at Raymond send you a bottle of the good stuff.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop-98
    The answer to your question is Yes.
    I asked that once about 7 years ago and got nothing. I think he took over for John Campingro (sp)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's not really, IMO, a valid question, he replaced a CEO but I don't think you could say that Bill Stokkan "found him". I think the Board believed he would make them rich and make a fool out of TG, one out of two will get you in the HOF if you are a baseball hitter.

rh
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop-98
    It's not really, IMO, a valid question, he replaced a CEO but I don't think you could say that Bill Stokkan "found him". I think the Board believed he would make them rich and make a fool out of TG, one out of two will get you in the HOF if you are a baseball hitter.

rh
    You're right but he was smart enough to sell his CART stock at $32.00 per share, invest the money in a track that would run the IRL and get a larger check from ISC last year.
    I always like the little guy and since he is in my neighborhood I liked him the most of all the CART owners.
    I do believe a leader that can relate to the little guy would be better for the sport than those only interested in their own winning.
    I remember when NASCAR had D.K. Urlich, Elmo Langley, Richard Childress racing and maintaining equipment, I always thought if NASCAR needed a czar then one of those would have been the guys. Big Bill was always talking to them and other independent owners. Without the real imput of the little guy then NASCAR would have been in deep stuff.
    Remember CART tried to rid itself of Dale Coyne in 1987 as that was the end of the Stock Block engine. They would have been happy if he didn't answer the bell in 1988 but he did. Four years later he was the cheese.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    Sorry. Didn't realize that living in Indianapolis to be able to visit Dale's shop and collecting his autograph was the requisite for whether a CC fan knew anything about Dale and appreciated him. That leaves me out since I've never lived in Indy and don't collect autographs.
    Dale's shop is in the Chicago area...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codalunga
    Dale's shop is in the Chicago area...
    I-55 to Weber road, get on the south frontage road going west on it, when iy bends south go straight into the driveway.

Yet, I know nothing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I-55 to Weber road, get on the south frontage road going west on it, when iy bends south go straight into the driveway.

Yet, I know nothing.
    And you wonder why people have you on ignore.
    I'm old enough that I don't have to put up with your crap anymore.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonD
    And you wonder why people have you on ignore.
    The word "Attention Ho" comes to mind. A "show-off" will leave after he realizes no one is paying attention to him. I think I'll join in after I hit the "submit" button.
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!