Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Again an example of French behaviour!

Source:without my personal explanation!
    http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/...ten/index.html
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    Source:without my personal explanation!
    http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/...ten/index.html
    Also shows who he thinks was quilty for the accident but to say "I wonder how much Ford has paid to Rautenbach" is a bit too much even if it was said as a joke.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe the Sun was too hot, or he banged his head at the Crash ?

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    That is very interesting. Also interesting that Mikko has only scored 9 stage wins this year and four of those were in Jordan.

http://www.juwra.com/season_2008_stats_stage_wins.html
    Those Pirelli control tyres must be really excellent, winning 101% of the stages this year...
    RallyBase Rallying Results: http://www.rallybase.nl/
    WRC results and classifications 1973-2006
    Also with ERC results 1992-2005.

Liked 664 Times in 357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kabouter
    Those Pirelli control tyres must be really excellent, winning 101% of the stages this year...
    Note the explanation on sidebar:
    Total percentage can exceed 100 because shared stage wins are credited to more than one driver but stage itself is counted only once in total.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    So they made the roads for this rally ?
    Where did you get that information from? The roads existed before and the Jordanians graded them and packed the surface before the rally, is this not done elsewhere in the world?

The Jordanian Government put a lot into this rally and to be quite honest it is good to see a pro motorsport government involved, unlike most of the governments where traditional rallies are run. Most of the spectators were local but there were also quite a few from Lebabnon, Syria, Saudi and the other Gulf states.

As I said in the spectator thread, I'll be going back, the Jordanians are very friendly people, the food is great and shock, horror, you can even buy alcohol!

My only criticism was that it was so bleedin' hot, although it is not normally that hot at that time of the year, July yes, but not April.

Lack of spectators, imo opinion great, you can get really close to the cars, talk to the drivers and see lot's of action without being stuck in traffic jams like in Germany or walking for kilometres to get a good spot with no-one else around like a lot of other rallies, or being herded around like sheep and treated like children as in the old Rally Australia.

As for sand dunes, didn't see one close to the rally route at all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelopard
    As I said in the spectator thread, I'll be going back, the Jordanians are very friendly people, the food is great and shock, horror, you can even buy alcohol!

My only criticism was that it was so bleedin' hot, although it is not normally that hot at that time of the year, July yes, but not April.

Lack of spectators, imo opinion great, you can get really close to the cars, talk to the drivers and see lot's of action without being stuck in traffic jams like in Germany or walking for kilometres to get a good spot with no-one else around like a lot of other rallies, or being herded around like sheep and treated like children as in the old Rally Australia.

As for sand dunes, didn't see one close to the rally route at all.
    Completely Agree
    באמת הלכת לגוגל לתרגם את זה? פראייר

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelopard
    Where did you get that information from? The roads existed before and the Jordanians graded them and packed the surface before the rally, is this not done elsewhere in the world?

The Jordanian Government put a lot into this rally and to be quite honest it is good to see a pro motorsport government involved, unlike most of the governments where traditional rallies are run. Most of the spectators were local but there were also quite a few from Lebabnon, Syria, Saudi and the other Gulf states.
    Why not disagreeing with you - it could be argued that why should Governments get involved with a 'rich' sport? That is something always brought up every time the British GP is threatened. I certainly can't imagine our Government getting involved with Rallying, although I know the Welsh Assembly are involved with Rally GB.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
    I went to Rally Jordan as well, and thought it was an excellent rally. The things I really liked were the compact size of it, the ease of access to the stages, the low crowd numbers, and the fact that everything was free including the prgramme/maps. It was great being able to drive straight up to a spectator point and be able to park within 100 metres of a corner five minutes before the first car was due. The one negative comment I have is the lack of a results service. I couldn't find any results anywhere (perhaps I didn't look hard enough). There was also reasonable coverage on local TV, but it was all in Arabic which I couldn't understand a word of.

If anyone is interested in looking at some photos from the event, I have a whole bunch here....

http://kiwirallyfan.smugmug.com/gall...93062749_yz7wT