Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No Traction control will make ____ look average

Felipe Massa.

The guy always looks out of place on difficult tracks and has always woefully underperformed in the wet. His lack of car control in practice today further confirmed to me that he is an average driver that has lucked into a very good machine.

Im not doubting his speed, he still placed third today, but i get the feeling that as time passes, Felipe Massa off track excursions will be increasingly common.
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. - P.J. O'Rourke

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy
    Felipe Massa.

The guy always looks out of place on difficult tracks and has always woefully underperformed in the wet. His lack of car control in practice today further confirmed to me that he is an average driver that has lucked into a very good machine.

Im not doubting his speed, he still placed third today, but i get the feeling that as time passes, Felipe Massa off track excursions will be increasingly common.
    I would not say Filippe underperformed by any means. He did look ragid at times, but you gotta find the limit......

Time will tell....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Felipe Massa.

...or less, as he comes to grips with it. there's nmo doubt that he has a slightly genlter learning curve, but at the end of the day, he does do quite well at Ferrari
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Felipe Massa.

I bet if it was Mark Webber in his place at Ferrari than there would be no problem even if he would be beaten by a nautical mile by Raikkonen.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you'll need to bait your hook with a tastier morsel than that, son...
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    ragid
    Ragged. Jeez, sometimes I really wonder what I pay my QC dept for.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    ...or less, as he comes to grips with it. ..
    clever little pun there, tf.

I agree that we'll only find the answer to this question in race conditions and not in practise, although past performance in the wet may be a reasonable indicator.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Maybe we should wait until Sunday before burying someone. It's never good to jump into conclusions too early.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Felipe doesn't seem to be sweating it:

Felipe Massa, though, was happier with his day's running, having set the third best time in both practice sessions.

"All in all, I am happy with this start to the season," he said. "We were able to work towards the race and I think I will be able to run at a good pace on a long run.

"Because of going off the track, I was unable to try the last set of soft tyres available to me, but that's certainly not a big problem.

"The harder tyres are very consistent, while the other compound gives more grip on the first lap, but then suffers from greater degradation."
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...300247,00.html
    May the forza be with you

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    so far I have to say that I've been impressed by how all the drivers have taken to the no TC thing.

Now in the wets, that's where the real seperation starts to take place
    you can't argue with results.